Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: QAYG No hand sewing!

I've only done this on 2 little blocks that I did just for the purpose of testing it out and it is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only problems I had were Operator Headspace problems . I can't wait to use it on a complete blanket. Maybe I'll just have to invent one to use it on.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ReRe
    I've only done this on 2 little blocks that I did just for the purpose of testing it out and it is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only problems I had were Operator Headspace problems . I can't wait to use it on a complete blanket. Maybe I'll just have to invent one to use it on.
    Thanks ReRe, I'm glad it worked out for you. :-D

this is going on my to do list

K3n, thank you for this tutorial. I tried it and loved the simplicity of the procedure and the outcome. I used glue instead of the way you recommended, just because I had never tried glue. I like that also. Today I went to Joann's and got the tiny tip for the glue bottle as has been recommended in other threads. For the backing piece, cut 1 1/2 inches, finished to 3/4 inch, I used a bias tape maker and it was so simple. I am excited to finish the project I am currently on and do a quilt in this method. Thanks for your detailed, simple instructions.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Newby0709
    K3n, thank you for this tutorial. I tried it and loved the simplicity of the procedure and the outcome. I used glue instead of the way you recommended, just because I had never tried glue. I like that also. Today I went to Joann's and got the tiny tip for the glue bottle as has been recommended in other threads. For the backing piece, cut 1 1/2 inches, finished to 3/4 inch, I used a bias tape maker and it was so simple. I am excited to finish the project I am currently on and do a quilt in this method. Thanks for your detailed, simple instructions.
    Excellent! I was hoping someone would try it with glue! I'm so pleased it worked. And a bias tape maker in that size makes it so much simpler too - I only have a 1/4" one for stained glass appliqué - might have to invest in a bigger one! :-D

Here's a pic of my QAYG blocks using your method, I also posted them in the pictures section here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-37889-1.htm

Thanks for the great tutorial!!

Rachel
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    THANK YOU ! You make it seem doable even for me :thumbup: Of course now I just need to find the time to try it :roll: LOL

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    THANK YOU ! You make it seem doable even for me :thumbup: Of course now I just need to find the time to try it :roll: LOL
    During Mare Stare? In the times when Terri isn't dancing maybe?! :mrgreen:

This is the best pictorial tutorial I have ever seen. I bought a book several years ago in order to do this....your pictures are so much clearer. Wish I had know about this sooner.....LOL! You have done a lot of us a great service....Thank You!!!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wendiq
    This is the best pictorial tutorial I have ever seen. I bought a book several years ago in order to do this....your pictures are so much clearer. Wish I had know about this sooner.....LOL! You have done a lot of us a great service....Thank You!!!
    Oh my! :oops: Thank you so much! :-D

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast