Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Machine Binding with Flange

Thanks for sharing - I must try this on my next lap quilt

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the great tute and binding looks fabulous.

Blog Entries
    OMGosh thank you sew much, I hate hate hate and did I mention that I hate bindings but this looks sew much easier. I will definetly give it a try

Wow! That is neat! I will have to try that sometime very soon! Thank you so much!! :thumbup:

That's great! I'll have to give this a try some time soon!

Thank you so much for posting this technique. In the past I've included a narrow binding inside the outer binding, but did it in a separate layer of binding. This is easier, I think - why didn't I think of it?

I also just tried a (new to me anyway) method of binding, from a tute by Sharon Schamber. Use School Glue with a tiny tip on the end of the glue bottle. The glue essentially acts like pins, so you don't need a single pin. After you put a skinny line of glue on and line up the raw edges, you press with a hot dry iron to set the glue. It just needs a few seconds and the glue is dry and holds it all together. She even uses it to join the pieces of binding together, using no pins. They are sewn after glued together. Then you pop the glued seam open, press open and trim seam allowances. It might take longer than using pins, but it's so much more accurate and no struggling with the top portion of the binding moving more than the bottom layer - even if you use a walking foot. And joining the two ends of binding is a breeze! I used this method on 6 placemats a couple days ago and it worked like a charm. You can SID on the other side or do by hand. Since these were placemats and will be washed frequently, I did the last row by machine.

I love the look of this binding method. Thank you for sharing. I am definitely going to try this.

Blog Entries
    Wow, I love this board and what people are willing to share!! What a fun binding idea!! Love, love it - I'll have to try it on my next project. I wonder if you could slip some cording in the fold and make faux piping... hmm.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tute.

That is neat! I can't wait to try it. I hate binding! This looks easy. ;) Thanks for doing this.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast