Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt as You Go: Log Cabin

Lightbulb Quilt as You Go: Log Cabin

Sending a step by step tutorial on the Long Cabin (I hope). Since the cite has changed, I'm still trying to find my way. Bear with me.
    Sew Happy!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tut! A log cabin is on my bucket list.
    Sue

Thanks a million, I've made 3 log cabin quilts but I always struggle with the putting them together. I am going to try your method and pray to God I can figure out how to get it together. Thanks so much, I know you people who do tuts put a lot of time and effort to doing them for us and I really appreciate it. Thanks again, Wendy

Blog Entries
    I guess I am being thick headed, I don't understand how you get the batting in the sashing. But it looks like a great method, I just don't get that step.

Huh?

Not quite sure I understand. I read the tutorial and it starts with 13" squares of backing and batting. Then you add the center followed by the strips. The outside strips are 2 3/4" to help with squaring. Then you square up to 14"??? Are you leaving fabric outside the batting and backing?? The pictures seem to show a white edge showing outside the black. Can you clarify for me?

Great tut! Thanks for sharing.
    Linda

I have put off doing the quilt as you go technique...this makes me want to try...thanks so much...
    Kitty

Blog Entries
    Thank you sew much for sharing and taking the time to do this for us, i have always been wanting to make a log cabin this way.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by In the woods View Post
    Not quite sure I understand. I read the tutorial and it starts with 13" squares of backing and batting. Then you add the center followed by the strips. The outside strips are 2 3/4" to help with squaring. Then you square up to 14"??? Are you leaving fabric outside the batting and backing?? The pictures seem to show a white edge showing outside the black. Can you clarify for me?
    I was wondering this same thing...
    It's never to late for a happy ending!
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2034623&id=1092194508&l=e04ebc8839
    "
    Fidgety"

Quote Originally Posted by duckydo View Post
    I guess I am being thick headed, I don't understand how you get the batting in the sashing. But it looks like a great method, I just don't get that step.
    The sashing is the joiner for blocks and rows etc. When they back sashing is attached to 2 pieces with a 3/8" seam, open the 2 pieces and the batting of each will touch each other. No other filler is needed. Hope this helps.
    Sew Happy!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast