Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Quilted Recliner Slipcover Tutorial

Thank you SO much! This is amazing....YOU are amazing!!! I really want to make this for my chair.....am struggling with getting meds started for FMS and Arth and everything hurts! But I want this so much that I'll use your wonderful tute for inspiration and motivation. And how wonderful that you did a separate pdf for us!! You are an angel!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
    What a great idea! My recliner is leather - and it's beige like half the stuff in the house. In the summer, it's hot and sticky and in the winter, it's cold and won't warm up. If I make one of these, it solves all the problems with it because I will make it in burgundy red and gold!

I might even add some pockets on the arms to hold the remotes and my sewing stuff!

Thank you - you're very clever and talented - and generous to share your idea, too.
    Polly parrot,
    If you add pockets for remotes etc. make sure the side they are not in is well anchored. I made some and put pockets both sides to try and level weight. Why not put a pincushion on top as well for pins when sewing so you don't ruin the leather.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Great idea!! My husband sits in his leather recliner a lot and keeps an old sheet thrown over it. This will be so much better!! Thank you for posting this.

Blog Entries
    Wow, this is great, am going to have to do this, when I get ambious.

Blog Entries
    thank you sewbee i could sure use this tutorial ,my husband just got a new recliner chair for father,s day
    we can make our plans but the out come is in god,s hands nellie diaz

This tutorial is ingenious! Thanks for sharing & for all the pics!!
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

Blog Entries
    Thank you thank you you have no idea how bad i needed a pattern for that

I don't know which I like better ... the fabulous tutorial or the lovely dachshund that is sitting on the chair. I will be printing this out for future reference. Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4