Not sure what to do with left over fabric scraps? How about making some cute raggedy heart coasters! Even though I made these for Valentine's day, you could make these coasters in any color or seasonal fabrics. They are quick and easy to make in only 6 steps!
1. First, Pin and cut out four hearts measuring about 4".
2. Next, cut out eight 6 1/2" squares of fabric for the coasters, and four 4 1/2" squares of quilt batting for the inside of the coasters.
3. Place one quilt batting in-between two 6 1/2" squares, just like a "sandwich", with the pretty sides of the fabric facing out. Pin one heart on the top, in the center of the "sandwich" and stitch around the heart using a 1/2" seam allowance.
4. Stitch around the outer edge of your "sandwich" using a 1" seam allowance. Do this to all four "sandwiches."
5. In order for your coaster to "rag" well, cut slits around your heart and the outer edge of the coaster making sure you do not cut into your stitching. The smaller the slits and closer together, the better the coasters will "rag."
6. Wash your coasters in the washer under the setting of "Cold/Cold." Dry your coaster in the dryer under the "Low" setting.
And that's it! Wrap a bow around all four coasters, and they make a great house warming or hostess gift!