Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reversible Quilt As You Go

What a pretty quilt!! But I don't know if I can make my whipstitches invisible enough for the quilt to be pretty.... :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps if a person didn't want to handstitch, a zig zag stitch by machine would work? If you butted the two squares up, like when joining pieces of wadding?

I think you could use a decorative stitch to join together

I am sorry to be so dumb, I understand how to put the batting in and how to sew that together but then you only have one block, how do I attatch another one to that one Are there more instrucstions?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanmezera
    how do you attatch them all together?
    Put 2 squares together making sure one is white and one is dark. Top sew or whip stitch together down one seam. I do pairs and then join into a row. I keep all my seams to the back. The beauty about handsewing is that you do not have to hide your stitches. I also use quilting thread as it is strong. Thanks for all the imput. Zig-zag or decorative stitching would be ideal.

This looks great, I love that it can involve hand or machine work and easily get the same results.

So the front and back look exactly the same (except possibly for the "joins" that show on one side only)?

I am loving this quilt ... and the idea that it combines machine and hand work. Thanks so much!

Blog Entries
    I can't wait to try it. If I can master it, it will take the pain out of having a small throat machine. I have it in line behind the Cathedral Window Quilt and Rhonda's Key Chain class. Thank you for the tutorial, that was so nice for you to do that for us.

Great tutorial, I will give this a try. It is such a nice size block. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Ohhhhh I have another question. You said your blocks (after the folding) were about 10" and yet your picture has lots and lots of blocks (looks like well over 10 rows)...the quilt is huge?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast