Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 357

Thread: String Piecing on adding machine paper

  1. #301
    Senior Member ragqueen03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    945
    Blog Entries
    2
    the other day at work we ran out of paper for our credit card machine - found all kinds of rolls but none would fit it! now i know what to do with all those rolls!!! gonna go in today and tell them DO NOT throw any rolls away! i wonder if thermal paper makes a difference????

  2. #302
    Super Member QultingaddictUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Wales UK
    Posts
    1,729
    Quote Originally Posted by ragqueen03
    the other day at work we ran out of paper for our credit card machine - found all kinds of rolls but none would fit it! now i know what to do with all those rolls!!! gonna go in today and tell them DO NOT throw any rolls away! i wonder if thermal paper makes a difference????
    Not really, it's just when you press it the paper turns black, but only the paper.

  3. #303
    Super Member ljptexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Haltom City, Texas
    Posts
    1,950
    What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing....

    :thumbup: :thumbup:

  4. #304
    Senior Member PghPat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA - Leesburg FL
    Posts
    429
    Blog Entries
    42
    When you first start what size do you cut your strips to?
    Then do you get to a desired length before you use a ruler to trim the edges?
    At what length do you normally stop to trim the edges?
    Thanks, Pat

  5. #305
    Super Member QultingaddictUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Wales UK
    Posts
    1,729
    Quote Originally Posted by PghPat
    When you first start what size do you cut your strips to?
    Then do you get to a desired length before you use a ruler to trim the edges?
    At what length do you normally stop to trim the edges?
    Thanks, Pat
    My till rolls are a fraction over 3" so I cut my strips to about 3.25 - 3.5 and anything from an inch to 2/5" in depth. I normally take about a couple of feet x 2 so I can chain piece, any longer I get in a tangle :roll:

  6. #306
    Ghetohound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Born in Detroit MI
    Posts
    307
    Has anyone tried that cheap paper towel stuff on this? You know, the stuff in public restrooms where it feels like tree bark?

    Second question, is the paper hard to rip off? Does paper stay under the stitched areas when you tear it off?

    Im new to quilting and I have never paper pieced before.

    Thanks ladies and Sue for this wonderful ideal!

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetohound
    Has anyone tried that cheap paper towel stuff on this? You know, the stuff in public restrooms where it feels like tree bark?

    SeconI have onld question, is the paper hard to rip off? Does paper stay under the stitched areas when you tear it off?

    Im new to quilting and I have never paper pieced before.

    Thanks ladies and Sue for this wonderful ideal!
    I have only used the adding machine paper..i use a tight stitch and steam press it when done and the paper comes off easily

  8. #308
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    9,232
    Thanks - great directions and a wonderful use of scraps.

  9. #309
    Super Member sparkys_mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,055
    This is way too cool. :)

  10. #310
    Junior Member KastleKitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nowhere'sville Ohio (Yorkville!)
    Posts
    291
    I found some very inexpensive paper on a roll in the paint department. See this link for a picture:

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-156525-1.htm#4322777

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.