Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: String Piecing on adding machine paper

Quote Originally Posted by Noiseynana View Post
    Great idea but doesn't sewing thru paper dull the needle?
    Not any more than paper piecing does. Frankly, I don't notice a difference of the needle dulling any faster when I PP verses regular sewing.
    HQ18 Avante

My quilt guild is saving small pieces to stuff dog beds for shelters. One of the quilts I am working on has a braid that I seem to be allowing it to get out of hand. I have tried the disappearing 9 patch with it as well. After getting into applique, it seems to be about lots of scraps and I have gotten worse about not throwing anything away! I must find a happy medium!
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Love the idea, I guess i'll have to start stripping on the machine tape I have . got it when I worked at a bank adding machine tape was no longer needed so I was given some. ( that was years ago) turned yellow but that dosn.t matter
    always hae little scraps don't know what to do with guess I know now, will start soon.
    A BLESSED EASTER TO YOU ALL ON QUILT BOARD LOL NOELLA

Quote Originally Posted by NOELLA View Post
    Love the idea, I guess i'll have to start stripping on the machine tape I have . got it when I worked at a bank adding machine tape was no longer needed so I was given some. ( that was years ago) turned yellow but that dosn.t matter
    always hae little scraps don't know what to do with guess I know now, will start soon.
    A BLESSED EASTER TO YOU ALL ON QUILT BOARD LOL NOELLA
    I think the "older" paper is easier to tear off. I have some old stationary from a business that a friend gave me that I use. It's just "brittle" enough to tear off real easy.

Happy Easter to you too!
    Debbie

Blog Entries
    I need to try this....thanks.........calla

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by calla View Post
    I need to try this....thanks.........calla
    I hope people will post pics of projects made with this method

I do this all the time. It is great for when you have a few minutes to sew and many scraps. Then when you need it There it is ready to use. Tadah ! Hugs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by omacookie View Post
    I do this all the time. It is great for when you have a few minutes to sew and many scraps. Then when you need it There it is ready to use. Tadah ! Hugs
    Lol that how I had ended up with miles of it! Little at a time and before you know it ... You have LOTS

This is so cool. Even I could use up my bits and pieces instead of giving them away. Thank you for showing us this one. So very cool!

This is a wonderful tutorial and I copied and pasted & printed it off. I have lots of scraps that I can use and a supply of the paper rolls. Off to sew. Thanks for sharing your tute with us.
    Pat
    Patsy

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 LastLast