Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
super easy/fast christmas gifts >

super easy/fast christmas gifts

super easy/fast christmas gifts

Old 11-19-2011, 06:59 PM

Thank you for sharing - again! I will be making some of these to include in gift bags!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:24 AM

very good idea and sew simple. Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 07:44 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

never ever saw the need for these. that being said, I made a couple cause they are "cute". my daughters loved em and asked me to make them for Christmas "little exchange" gifts along with coffee cozies. go figure. so I made em. they loved em. I made them from your tute when I saw it the first time you posted it. thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 08:33 AM

I buy the ones from the $ store and take a pair of scissors and cut an opening....I can get 8 packets for a $1. Keeps it reasonable and helps them sell.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris View Post
The hardest part now is finding the tissue packages that open down the middle! I used to get them at Dollar Tree, but can't find them any more. Many of the "off" brand packages open on the ends, so they don't work with the holders.

Sue
I still get them at dollar store , doesn't matter how they open, I just cut my own slit down the middle when I put into the holder :-)
Old 11-20-2011, 11:05 AM
T.

Originally Posted by Pinkiris View Post
The hardest part now is finding the tissue packages that open down the middle! I used to get them at Dollar Tree, but can't find them any more. Many of the "off" brand packages open on the ends, so they don't work with the holders.

Sue
Hi Sue, I got some Kleenex "original" from Wisebuys; and they open on the top too. What I do is just cut the package down the middle before putting it in the cover or take the whole thing out of the package.
Maybe we'll have to try to change the pattern to open on the top & then they'll change their packaging to the open in the middle, with my luck
Thuan
Old 11-20-2011, 12:01 PM

I am new here and saw your tutorial for the tissue holders. They are just awesome, but I have a question. How did you get yours to come out with that little bit of trim on the top. I tried and tried, but I cannot get mine to come out. Maybe I am having senior moments, but I would appreciate some help as I'd love to make a bunch of those. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:43 PM

That is where I find My Tissues, @ Wal Mart. Good old Wal- Mart, lol
Old 11-21-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by T. View Post
Hi Sue, I got some Kleenex "original" from Wisebuys; and they open on the top too. What I do is just cut the package down the middle before putting it in the cover or take the whole thing out of the package.
Maybe we'll have to try to change the pattern to open on the top & then they'll change their packaging to the open in the middle, with my luck
Thuan
Tracy at Sew Thankful has a free pattern for the top load tissue holder.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:10 PM

Thanks to everyone who let me know that I could cut the packages of tissues down the center! Why didn't I think of that???

Bowlerlady--Because the one piece of fabric is wider than the other, it naturally wraps around when you press the "tube" created by sewing the two pieces together. If you don't get it, PM me and I will take pictures. Always glad to help a sister quilter!

Sue