Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Fast Jelly-roll quilt

I'm just finishing up a quilt like this... mine is even simpler. Saw someone selling one like it on Etsy and it turned out so cute. No border and just sewing all the 42" strips together (so just one fabric strip per line). She appliqued flowers on hers. Not sure I'll do that (need to work on the applique).. I'm soooo in love with the charm packs, jelly rolls and turnovers!!! Thanks for sharing this....
    Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by scrapsoftime
    I'm just finishing up a quilt like this... mine is even simpler. Saw someone selling one like it on Etsy and it turned out so cute. No border and just sewing all the 42" strips together (so just one fabric strip per line). She appliqued flowers on hers. Not sure I'll do that (need to work on the applique).. I'm soooo in love with the charm packs, jelly rolls and turnovers!!! Thanks for sharing this....
    Leigh
    I think you are talking about a pattern called Lasagna quilt, and it really isn't the same, but I am curious! How many strips did you get with your kit?

I love it ---can't wait to try this!

Blog Entries
    ok - i loved this idea but being kinda frugal and time-challenged i went to walmart where they had a jelly roll like think called stripz. i know what you're thinking!!!!
    anyway my sister who also quilts was with me and seeing this was on sale for 9.00 we picked out one that had this gorgeous green material. there was a little bit with white and green and blue. looked really nice. got home and started to sew it and found they hid the really ugly material inside. it is awful -- makes me sick looking at it!
    but being a trooper i sewing it end to end and the more i sewed it the worse it looked. so now i am looking for something to do with this cuz i am definitely cutting the strips apart. i was thinking zipper bags or something. half the material is cute and the other half is ugly ugly ugly. doesn't even go good with it! any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by tlp
    ok - i loved this idea but being kinda frugal and time-challenged i went to walmart where they had a jelly roll like think called stripz. i know what you're thinking!!!!
    anyway my sister who also quilts was with me and seeing this was on sale for 9.00 we picked out one that had this gorgeous green material. there was a little bit with white and green and blue. looked really nice. got home and started to sew it and found they hid the really ugly material inside. it is awful -- makes me sick looking at it!
    but being a trooper i sewing it end to end and the more i sewed it the worse it looked. so now i am looking for something to do with this cuz i am definitely cutting the strips apart. i was thinking zipper bags or something. half the material is cute and the other half is ugly ugly ugly. doesn't even go good with it! any ideas?
    I rather appreciate Bonnie Hunter's philosophy about ugly fabric:
    If it is still ugly, you just haven't cut it small enough ...
    If it were me, unless I really HAD to have that green stuff, I would sew the strips into a tube ... Iron all the seams really good and flat, because what you want to do is start cutting strips from 1.5 to 2.5 inches and learn about bargellos
    I would take it around to a number of my friends and drop into a faint when that conservative lady "over there" says: That is GORGEOUS!
    One way to find out who your friends REALLY are! LOL

You could cut it into appropriate size squares and stuff them to make doggy and kitty bed pillows for your local animal rescue groups. " Dogs are color bling, Gretchen," and they dont care if its ugly just so its comfortable!!

OOps I meant color blind!!

how fun and easy, i will send this one to my granddaughter she is 13 and just starting to want to quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by betlinsmom
    You could cut it into appropriate size squares and stuff them to make doggy and kitty bed pillows for your local animal rescue groups. " Dogs are color bling, Gretchen," and they dont care if its ugly just so its comfortable!!
    Isn't that a GREAT idea!

When you sew the ends together, do you square them up or align them like you do when making a border strip?

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast