Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Fast Jelly-roll quilt

very clever.
    looks great.

Suz

Quote Originally Posted by LindaM
    Brilliant! THANK you for sharing :)
    I agree thanks for sharing

Thanks for the great tute!! Must put on the "to do" list!

Update!
    On Saturday, February 12, at the Post, Project Linus will be presented 11 of these quilts, cut from my scraps. The technique will be new to many of the quilters who participate, and I know for a fact, it will encourage them to look at their scraps in a new manner. I will bring back pictures so you can see what a handful of people can accomplish in four hours and with this pattern. I am so thankful that this was shared on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by omak
    Update!
    On Saturday, February 12, at the Post, Project Linus will be presented 11 of these quilts, cut from my scraps. The technique will be new to many of the quilters who participate, and I know for a fact, it will encourage them to look at their scraps in a new manner. I will bring back pictures so you can see what a handful of people can accomplish in four hours and with this pattern. I am so thankful that this was shared on the board.
    How exciting! I'm glad it's being used for so much good.
    Thanks!

DON'T CALL THE QUILT POLICE!!!
    A few months ago Tuesday Mornings had some really cheap jelly rolls for sale. I bought one and later discovered that there were 40 strips in it BUT they had many multiples of the SAME FABRIC! So there I sat with this awful jellyroll and along comes this tute. So throwing caution to the wind and KNOWING that same colors were going to touch and crowd together I made this jelly roll top. I used 2X2 1/2 inch white 'spacers' to separate each strip during the first sew together. After that I just let chance take its turn. This is what resulted. Since its going to be used as my granddaughters drag around quilt I thought it didn't turn out too badly.

Maddie's 'drag around' quilt-no borders yet
    Name:  Attachment-120415.jpe
Views: 186
Size:  82.1 KB

Blog Entries
    WOW!!! I am in the process of making several charity quilts... I will definitely make use of this method. Thank you so much for sharing!

I love the idea of the spacers...I cannot wait to do this!!

Quote Originally Posted by darlin121
    DON'T CALL THE QUILT POLICE!!!
    A few months ago Tuesday Mornings had some really cheap jelly rolls for sale. I bought one and later discovered that there were 40 strips in it BUT they had many multiples of the SAME FABRIC! So there I sat with this awful jellyroll and along comes this tute. So throwing caution to the wind and KNOWING that same colors were going to touch and crowd together I made this jelly roll top. I used 2X2 1/2 inch white 'spacers' to separate each strip during the first sew together. After that I just let chance take its turn. This is what resulted. Since its going to be used as my granddaughters drag around quilt I thought it didn't turn out too badly.

Blog Entries
    Spacers - what a great idea. Going to do that on my next one. Thanks for the idea.

I suppose I could make jelly-roll strips by stacking and whacking all sorts of scraps -- just line them up on a rotary mat, get out the plastic ruler and whack? 2 1/2" strips?
    I live in Canada - don't think we have jelly roll producers here - mailing costs double the prices of everything!

Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast