Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Fast Jelly-roll quilt

When I did this and didn't like how unbalanced it was, I added some large applique to balance it.

"10 minute block"

Quote Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
    LOL! No, hon...my plan is to not stress over the like ones touching! Honestly, I don't even have a jelly roll yet!!! Gonna get one soon...! (I know I don't NEED a jelly roll to do this.) I don't make quilts to "show" or "hang"...they are to be used by my grandkids! I don't think any of them will mind if the same patterns touch. And if I don't have to look at it, except while sewing it, I will be okay with it. I think. I have to make a quilt for a granddaughter next and will be doing the 10 minute block, but then I have two boys to make for...if I can find masculine fabrics I think this will be great...easy and fun!
    i am new to this board. What is the "10 minute block"? Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Grace View Post
    Ok, tried this.
    I still have to add on the borders, but it was super fast! :wink:

I may try another with shorter strips next time to get a more "scrappier" look.
    Do you think it would work?
    It is so simple I cut a couple of 'kits" to take with us this summer when we camp in our trailer. I have cut 3" strips using some shorter cuts and WOF (and exceeding the total length just a little) to make it a little bigger. I will post a picture when I get it together if I cam remember to show the results.

jelly roll quilt

Don't know if this has been posted but this really isn't a new concept and if you go to youtube and google jelly roll race you can find the visual instructions there. I did one sbout a month ago at my quilt store and you have to be careful some come out looking great and some don't. We had a couple of ones that looked great,in fact mine won for best looking. I would use a roll that limits the color combinations and we all noticed that the ones made with batiks looked better than traditional fbric.

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany
    Connecting threads have affordable 2.5 inch strips you can put fabric from your stash with and make nice JR quilts too.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

Is it still cool, to say cool? LOL Love this idea!

Blog Entries

My first Jelly Roll type scrappy quilt top

I really enjoyed making this quilt. I'm a relatively new quilter and this is only my second quilt but there is no doubt I'll be making this fun quilt again....so fast and so much fun. I didn't have a Jelly Roll so I just cut from scraps that I had. I will buy fabric and cut my own strips again....it didn't take long at all to cut them and costs so much less. I joined my strips with a diagonal seam...which I like but think I may do a straight seam on the next one.....after I figured out that with every 2.5 strip you join on the diagonal you loose 1 3/4 inch of of the strip....that certainly adds up when you are joining 40 strips.

Name:  IMG_20120310_141006.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  1.15 MB

Blog Entries
    Ooops! sorry pic is sideways.

Blog Entries
    I'm looking for a pattern for a throw pillow that is made from strips I thought it was posted on quilting board. I copied it but now can't find it ( after spending about 3 days looking). Can any one help me? Karissa

Quote Originally Posted by Katmom View Post
    i am new to this board. What is the "10 minute block"? Thanks in advance!!
    I found a tutorial on you tube. Put in 10 minute block in the search line. About 8 or more come up. The one I like is made with 5 squares of fabric sewn together, per the instructions, and you get a block that looks like it has a set in square. Very quick. Did a wall hanging in batik, turned out so pretty.
    Someday when I figure out my camera and how to post pictures, I will share.

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 ... LastLast