Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Tea Bag Wallet >

Tea Bag Wallet

Tea Bag Wallet

Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 PM

I sell them for $11 plus a few extra bucks for shipping. I would take better pictures if I had a working camera. Maybe someone. Please feel free to ask for clarification as well. I know my directions are a bit off.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:41 PM

Thank you for this tute, I made one for my sis..I used oriental fabric...she loved it. thank you so much

Judy in AZ
Old 12-15-2010, 08:22 AM

Thank you so much for this tutorial mamabird!! I just made my first tea bag wallet and now I plan to make them for teacher/ therapist/nurses gifts for my daughter's school. She is handicapped and I always send in little gifts for everyone and had no ideas for this year. You're a life saver!!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:05 PM

I wanted to share the tea bag wallets that I made today. The batik one has a very pretty vintage glass button that is an irredescent blue color and the button on the other one is a little river rock that I picked up at my sister's vacation house. She bought a little cabin on a river in PA last year and she just loves it. Every year she asks for tea bags in her Christmas stocking. So, I made this wallet for her and I drilled holes in the river rock to make the button. I know that she will love it!

Thanks again! I can't believe how much I have learned in my short time here at this forum!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143707.jpe  
Old 12-19-2010, 05:46 PM

Zappycat, you did a wonderful job on those wallets. People who get them will love them. I made three out of a fabric with teacups on it. Tea drinkers love to get them. Thanks, Mamabird, for posting this tutorial.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:12 PM

Not being one to know how to sew, other than a quilt, I think with this tutorial, I can actually make something that resembles a sewing project.. I am going to attempt it, and possibly make enough for some stocking stuffers.. Thanks so much!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:19 AM

I am so glad you all are using this tut... I know I still need to do the wristlets. I will do one when my DD gets the camera for Christmas... lol mine is broken.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Teacup
Zappycat, you did a wonderful job on those wallets. People who get them will love them. I made three out of a fabric with teacups on it. Tea drinkers love to get them. Thanks, Mamabird, for posting this tutorial.
Teacup! Thank you! I was thinking that these would be adorable in teacup fabric... and with a teacup or teapot button! Yes, they are great gifts!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:49 AM

Mamabird3,
I can't thank you enough! My teacher/therapists/ nurses gifts for my handicapped daughter's school are now completed (yey!!) and filled with an assortment of Bigelow tea packets that The Christmas Tree Shop was selling. I think that they make very nice personal gifts... from the heart! I'm going to put them in little cello bags and tie a tag on each one that says "Beccah thinks you are tea-rrific!"
Thank you!

Torrie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-146401.jpe  
Old 01-24-2011, 01:49 PM

I am not what you call a quick study when it comes to following written instructions.I have been working on this all afternoon trying to figure out what the pictures are telling me and what the instructions are.
It seems like so many others are getting it with out a bit of trouble.I just don't get the folding part.
It is a great little tea bag holder and it looks so easy.
But I will leave it alone for now and try again later.
Thank you so much for sharing your pattern.grannyann