Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: Thread Basting My Quilt Sandwich for FMQ

I agree with everyone on the great tut..I viewed Sharon's tut but couldn't quite get it...but with your pictures and directions, I think I can do this, my days on the floor are long gone.. I thank you for the time and love of quilting you put into these pictures and discription...Many happy days quilting..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe View Post
    Update:

I went to Lowe's this weekend and got two 8 ft boards for about $20. Then went to Joann's a bought three yards of flannel for about $11 ( used coupon). I used your tutorial to complete basting on my quilt top and it worked wonderfully. I did use pins though. Wow! Such a huge difference! Thanks again for sharing this method that makes this task less odious.
    I had scraps of flannel already ,so I used 2" wide strips to wind on my boards, worked very well...............

I used this method with the boards for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was easy and really worked. When I basted my quilt, it was secure enough that I have been hand quilting it in a wooden lap hoop. This is the first hand quilting I have done and am using the utility quilting stitch. It is probably the last time for me except for small projects! This is a great tutorial. Thanks for posting.

Blog Entries
    I have used this method as well. Works like a dream and will hold quilts nicely for months - if need be. Best method for home quilters.

I just had to thank you! I am new to quilting, and now a new member . I came across your wonderful instruction while googling for advise on free motion machine quilting. I have to say I am turning into a junky...lol!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11