Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 177

Thread: Tutorial on Hickory Nut quilt blocks

  1. #51
    Connie Hadba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Posts
    150
    Eddie,
    This is a great tutorial. I'll have to add this block to my very long list of projects to do. I sent an e-mail to your quilt shop asking about prices and if they shipped. Their kind answer came to me today. For those of you who are curious, here is what they sent me.

    Prices quoted Nov. 9, 2009
    Small - $6.25/set
    Large - $8.75/set
    Extra Large - 20.00/set
    Shipping and handling - $7.50 to Connecticut where my son lives.

    Connie


  2. #52
    Super Member Deb watkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Horseheads, NY 14845
    Posts
    3,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Several members here bought the Hickory Nut templates, so I thought I'd post a tutorial on how to make the blocks. Below is a pic of a table topper I made using the Small template set, but the same general construction methods apply if you're making the Small, Medium, or Large blocks.

    I've got 26 pics to show, so bare with me while I get all the steps posted!
    I guess I must really be missing something, I can see how to do each block, but don't see how they are connected together.

  3. #53
    Super Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Several members here bought the Hickory Nut templates, so I thought I'd post a tutorial on how to make the blocks. Below is a pic of a table topper I made using the Small template set, but the same general construction methods apply if you're making the Small, Medium, or Large blocks.

    I've got 26 pics to show, so bare with me while I get all the steps posted!
    I guess I must really be missing something, I can see how to do each block, but don't see how they are connected together.
    Hi Deb,

    After you get the blocks made, you simply but the edges together and do a zigzag stitch across where they are butted together in order to join them.

  4. #54
    Super Member Deb watkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Horseheads, NY 14845
    Posts
    3,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Several members here bought the Hickory Nut templates, so I thought I'd post a tutorial on how to make the blocks. Below is a pic of a table topper I made using the Small template set, but the same general construction methods apply if you're making the Small, Medium, or Large blocks.

    I've got 26 pics to show, so bare with me while I get all the steps posted!
    I guess I must really be missing something, I can see how to do each block, but don't see how they are connected together.
    Hi Deb,

    After you get the blocks made, you simply but the edges together and do a zigzag stitch across where they are butted together in order to join them.
    Thanks, I saw where you stated that, but I didn't see it when I looked. I am anxious to start this!!! And on another note, for those of us who are mathematical challenged, ( or just not so good at) the hst that you did.... perhaps a cheat sheet that indicates....a 10 in block will give you four (whatever size they are) hst. A 9 in block, an 8 in block......

  5. #55
    Super Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,066
    Hi Deb,

    I have plans to make at least 3 more quilts for Christmas gifts, and plan to do one with that HST method of sewing 2 layer cakes pieces together, so will do a quick tutorial on it when I do it and post it here.

  6. #56
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,783
    I am (sort of) making a Grandmother's flower garden (I've made 2 flowers...in 4 years...) and this seems a zillion or times easier than English paper piecing... might scrap the first idea and do the quilt this way.

    Thanks for the tutorial!

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,301
    Ok so once you zigzag them all together they can make a quilt as is??
    I really like them and you did a great job Eddie! i will have to get those templates in the future.

  8. #58
    Super Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    Ok so once you zigzag them all together they can make a quilt as is??
    I really like them and you did a great job Eddie! i will have to get those templates in the future.
    Yes, it's a "quilt as you go" project, so once they are connected together, you're done!

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,844
    Excellent Tute! Such a neat idea w/this too!! Thanks for sharing!! Skeat

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    Ok so once you zigzag them all together they can make a quilt as is??
    I really like them and you did a great job Eddie! i will have to get those templates in the future.
    Yes, it's a "quilt as you go" project, so once they are connected together, you're done!
    AWESOME!!!! maybe I will ask DH to put this on my x-mas list :wink: or for my birthday!!!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.