Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tutorial for night and day block

Tutorial for night and day block

It was requested of me in the Scrap swap thread to make a tutorial for this block. I posted it there, but thought I would post here as well. It is 6 1/2" block, so cute and great for scraps or leftovers. I just hurried and did this so you could have instructions, so don't look to close at my work, my points are a mess.
    All seams are 1/4 " You need a strip 1 1/4" by the width of fabric of 2 colors. Or if you have scraps you can cut those into 1 1/4 inch strips.
    Sew the two strips along the length, and press open.
    Use triangle ruler to cut pieces as shown, you need 16, (8 of each direction)
    lay pieces out as shown. You can put the dark in the middle or the light. ( I like to make two sets and do one of each)
    I show how it looks both ways in pics.
    Then just sew as shown in pics. Make sure to press seams as you go. I hope this is enough instructions for you to understand. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images                    

Thank you so very much for this! Your photos are a great help and I loved seeing a few of these blocks together so as to get an over all feel for the pattern. It's really interesting how the different values play out.
    Pat

Thank you so much for reporting this. I love this block and will give it a try soon!

Love this tutorial. I am going to incorporate it into a RowXRow project I'm doing. Thanks so much!

Great! Thanks for sharing!
    Take time to recharge your batteries. Itís hard to see where youíre going when your lights are dim. Robert H. Connelly

Blog Entries
    SWEEEEEEEEEEET thank you very much for posting that. what a wonderful way to do that.
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the tutorial I must try this one.

Blog Entries
    Can't thank U enough for the picture tutorial. Saving it and putting it in my quilting desktop file.

Thank you! You have made it easy to see how it all goes together. I think I will practice this afternoon!

So cool!! Thank you!!!!
    The important thing is to learn a lesson every time you lose. Life is a learning process and you have to try to learn what's best for you. Let me tell you, life is not fun when you're banging your head against a brick wall all the time.John McEnroe

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast