Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Video Tutorial - FMQ - Tension and Speed >

Video Tutorial - FMQ - Tension and Speed

Video Tutorial - FMQ - Tension and Speed

Old 02-18-2014, 01:52 PM

I am so thrilled that you all seem to enjoy them. Once I finish getting my room rearranged I have some more I would like to do. Are there any topics you all would like specifically that you may be having trouble with that I might be able to help with ? I may not know everything but I am willing to share what I do !
Old 02-18-2014, 05:01 PM

No, they are on, and working before and after trying to view the video.

Originally Posted by SlightlyOffQuilter View Post
Yes they all have sound with the video, both here and on YouTube. Perhaps your speakers are muted or came unplugged ?
Old 02-18-2014, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by SlightlyOffQuilter View Post
I am so thrilled that you all seem to enjoy them. Once I finish getting my room rearranged I have some more I would like to do. Are there any topics you all would like specifically that you may be having trouble with that I might be able to help with ? I may not know everything but I am willing to share what I do !
How about the technique of doing certain designs. I know everyone has their own way of teaching, for example, feathers. What I find when watching a lot of these videos is that they are stitching so fast that it is hard to kind of watch how they are stitching it or transitioning from one design to another.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 AM

Wonderful video, I am getting better at free motion but love to learn more. These are fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing and giving the rest of us different ways of getting the satisfaction we are working toward. I am signing up to follow you too. Can't tell you how much I appreciate your generousity.

Lisa
Old 02-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

I love your videos and your website. Great stuff. Thanks. And I did get those purple things but haven't sewn the elastic on yet!!
Old 02-20-2014, 05:30 AM

What a wonderful way to start my day...watching your video on thread tension and quilting on marked lines.
I have enjoyed your easy going way of giving tips to have better free-motion quilting results.

I am in the beginning stage of learning how to do free-motion quilting. I laughed out loud when you said if the person you are giving a quilt to points out every curve or point that isn't perfect, then they need medication...
Thank you for posting the great video. Happy Quilting!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
I laughed out loud when you said if the person you are giving a quilt to points out every curve or point that isn't perfect, then they need medication...
I am so glad my " teaching style " seems to be going over so well. I always seem to learn better personally when the person teaching is a friend, or family member. There is no pressure to be perfect, or use the right words, it is a casual conversation and there is laughter involved, sometimes to the point of laughing till we cry ! It is one of the reasons I really do not want to do post editing in my videos. I want you to SEE that I screw up ALOT ! If you never see the teacher make a mistake, how are you going to know how to fix it later when you make the same one ?
Old 02-22-2014, 07:29 PM

I liked your idea of drawing your design on to freezer paper, how do you get on when you need many copies of that same design.
I wanted to draw a design for my border but did not know how to go about it,perhaps a tutorial on multi placement of freezer paper designs
Thank you
Old 02-22-2014, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by kamaiarigby View Post
I liked your idea of drawing your design on to freezer paper, how do you get on when you need many copies of that same design.
I wanted to draw a design for my border but did not know how to go about it,perhaps a tutorial on multi placement of freezer paper designs
Thank you
When I need multiple copies of the same design, I just copy it multiple times. Now if it is ALOT of the same design and it is a smaller block I usually cut my freezer paper to normal printer paper size and run it through the printer on a fast draft setting ( less ink )

I also added your idea of showing how to line up multiple paper placements to the tutorial list ! Tomorrow should be a good day for me to get a couple done !
Old 02-23-2014, 08:50 AM

After much googling and discussion with someone who knew more avout video than I, I am hoping that those who were having trouble with the video are now able to view it as well as hear it !

<video width="640" height="480" controls>
<source src="http://slightlyoffquilter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SOQ-FMQ-Lesson-4.mp4" type="video/mp4">
<source src="http://slightlyoffquilter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/SOQ-FMQ-Lesson-4.ogg" type="video/ogg">
Please update your browser to view this video.
</video>