Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Vintage Quilt

Thank you for sharing - great quilt - another one to do on the ever growing list!!!

Thank you for the instructions. I really want to try this.

I'm a new quilter and I love this quilt. But, am I understaning this correctly. Is this amost like a rag quilt except you are not sewing the seems together but leaving raw seems exposed and sewing the squares to the muslin? It's beautiful, I love the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by NOELLA
    Ladies I hope this tut will be of some help to you all, this is my first tutso bear with me.
    You require three layers ,backing of your choice, batting, and muslin or solid fabric of you choice .Layer one on top of the other, I used basting glue to put mine together,but, you can put yours together what ever way you may wish [pin or baste] I am lazy.
    1 charm pack cut in quarters making 196 sqs or 2 1/2" I found pinking the edges was much better you won't have too many strings to cut off .Draw grid 3" apart horizontally and vertically.
    before gluing or pinning the sq's down place on muslin to see how you want them, making sure it is to your satisfaction. You will have lines from marking you grid place sq's on 3" lines . When placing sq"s they should be 1/2" between each sq. This is not applique. Do not turn under. After you have put binding on you have to wash.

Hope you can understand my inst. if you don't please let me know. Good luck all Noella

I'm a new quiltre and the longer I look at the posts on the QB the longer my to-do or as I call it, my, Ta-Da!!! list gets longer and longer all the time, I've seen sooo many wonderful quilts here.

Not to contradict anyone but the quilt in the picture doesn't show raw edges around the squares. Am I missing something? From the tute about, it sounds like there are raw edges to fray when washed???

Quote Originally Posted by Joanie Owen
    Just searched and found this
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-145630-1.htm

I looked at the link in the third post but that quilt doesn't look like what I'm invisioning for the instructions. Are there supposed to be raw edges that fray when washed. Is that why she pinked the edges for less strings???

Ok, this link explains it to me alot better. It's really pretty. I don't mean to sound like a moron, lol, but I'm new to quilting and I'm not too used to all the quilting lingo yet. But, I'm catching on thanks to all of the great people here on the QB. thanks for your link! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    Here is a tute of sorts I found where she used 2-1/2" strips (Jelly Roll) instead of charms:
    http://rainytuesdaymornings.blogspot...y-blanket.html

Blog Entries
    yes

Blog Entries
    yes

Blog Entries
    the one and same.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4