Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Wings Block Swatch Alternative

Blog Entries
    Any feedback from anyone? Did you try it? Let me know how this works for you.

I haven't tried it yet, still working on 2 many ufp (unfinished projects)but think I will try it on some scrap material, so when I am ready to do the quilt, I will know how to do it. Thanks again. I love learning new things.

Blog Entries
    Here is my new tutorial

Rhonda's Wings Block Paper Template Tutorial
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-106744-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Rhonda, I did it, I did it. I used the small template for the 1 1/2" block and it worked perfectly. Thank you for going to all this trouble to make it easier for us. And yes, I agree with you that it takes longer but I can do it. The only hard(?) part was keeping that 1 1/2" template fm. moving at the last. Love the cutie in your avatar

:D

my 1 1/2" wings block
    Name:  Attachment-140293.jpe
Views: 62
Size:  53.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcias
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Rhonda, I did it, I did it. I used the small template for the 1 1/2" block and it worked perfectly. Thank you for going to all this trouble to make it easier for us. And yes, I agree with you that it takes longer but I can do it. The only hard(?) part was keeping that 1 1/2" template fm. moving at the last. Love the cutie in your avatar

:D
    Your Wing Block looks great! I'm glad it works for you. I am discontinueing sending out the 30 degree templates and using the paper template methods instead. So noone has to worry about cutting the degree line.

Great idea, that is how I am going to do mine, with pp. I plan to get started making a quilt for my granddaughter, with the wings blocks as butterflies and then some fish, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by violetsfarm
    Great idea, that is how I am going to do mine, with pp. I plan to get started making a quilt for my granddaughter, with the wings blocks as butterflies and then some fish, etc.
    This is NOT paper piecing. It is more like a clothes pattern. You don't sew fabric onto the paper you instead use the paper to cut out the right size and shape pieces. Then sew the fabric pieces together so you can cut out a square for the wings block.

That looks interesting. I will try both methods and let you know how it goes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VaNella
    That looks interesting. I will try both methods and let you know how it goes.
    Great I would love to hear what you think!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3