Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $5.00 Yard Sale Find!

slc

Cool $5.00 Yard Sale Find!

Went to a yards ale today, saw a sewing machine stand, walked over to it and it had a price tag of $5.00, thought to myself there is no way that there is a sewing machine inside the stand but curiosity got the best of me so I opened the top of the stand and lifted out a pretty nice looking singer 99!!!!!!!!! I approached the lady having the sale and told her that I would take the machine but that I did not need the stand she said ok and I came home with a machine that only needs a little cleaning and a belt, guess you could say that I scored!
    Sue

Love to see a picture... Sounds like a steal...

No way! That's unbelievable. Good for you!!!

Wow! Fantastic!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Way to go!!!

Oh! If she still has it, go back and get the table. The little 3/4 tables are harder to find and the hinge spacing is different so you can't put a little one into a regular cabinet
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

I too would have grabbed the table. Might as well complete the steal.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    Oh! If she still has it, go back and get the table. The little 3/4 tables are harder to find and the hinge spacing is different so you can't put a little one into a regular cabinet
    I agree. I got a Spartan (stripped down 99) in a cabinet for ninety-nine cents but the cabinet was modified to fit the 99 ... and it wasn't well done. I'd love to have a cabinet for my 99.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Wonderful find! Would you be able to go back and get the cabinet? The 3/4 sized will also fit the cute little green 185.

You scored..Congrats...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast