Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 1/4" with guide foot for featherweight

I am looking for a 1/4" foot for a featherweight that is study. I purchased one and the lst thing out the quide bent and fell off.

I read somewhere that you can purchase an adapter so you can use snap on feet..... has anyone done this?

Looking for ideas and suggestions

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yes, I have just get a short shank. The attachments on my singer that is about 5 years old (short shank)Fit on my FW.
    I guess it is one of those things why reinvent something that works well.

Any short shank foot will fit your Featherweight. The Janome 1/4" foot is great--see if you can find one of those and yes, you can buy the adapters and snap the feet on them, just like for any other machine. My friend Gail even puts a darning foot on hers and does free motion quilting. You don't have to cover the feed dogs to do it. A short shank walking foot will fit too.

I use a Littlefoot brand 1/4" foot on my FW for the past 8+ years with NO problems. Highly recommend. Just google to find the website.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad to hear this. I have the little foot (short shank I am pretty sure-I'll have to check) AND the 1/4" Janome foot (x2).

I got this adapter for mine, its for the snap on feet, only 4.95... hope it helps...http://www.april1930s.com/html/april...low-shank.html