15 91 belt or motor?

Old 02-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

Miriam, are you talking to me or 10X? Did we change topics?
Old 02-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

Alyce,
What part of that shaft is broken? Is it the top hat part that holds the hand wheel or the hand wheel?
If there is no load it may turn freely even though the shaft is bent - depends on where it is bent and it might not be bent. No we have not changed topics. There are some 15 clones that CAN donate parts and some that can't - see picture. This HAS become VERY confusing.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:12 PM

the broken part showing in your pic is not teh shaft, again it's called a hand wheel adpater, thats singers name for that part.

Look at it, ( I see this in the photo), your looking for a pin, like a small nail. That has to be removed then the adapter will come off. your other one can go back on.

That pin. it's tapered, so one end is bigger than the other. it will only come out one direction. I use a nail set as a punch. mainly I have many wore out nailsets and those have a long shinny end. This is about the only part on a SM to do this, when you knock it loose, hit the punch / nail set hard as in a quick shocking blow, do not go tap tap tap.

In your case part of that adapter is broken away, that pin may also be bent and a Pain to get it out

It sounds like you have all or most of what you need. know this. The spoked wheel is heavier, when used with a motor. the machine will not stop as soon as you let off the pedal. you will get two more stitches before it stops.

I sew every night and this week am using a early 15, spoked wheel and motor. I like it, fact hate the small solid wheeels