Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 1889 Singer

Blog Entries

1889 Singer

I found a Singer #28 hand crank with attachments, case and key for $200.00 asking price. It looks to be in great shape, nice case. Any advice about the price and/or value?
    You will get what you expect to get.

Blog Entries
    I paid $75 for mine... just all depends on how much you're willing to spend on one! $200 seems a bit spendy to me.
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Muv
    Far too much. But of course, I'm here and you're there, so what I think might not carry an awful lot of weight anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Far too much. But of course, I'm here and you're there, so what I think might not carry an awful lot of weight anyway.
    It seems like the UK has a LOT of hand crank machines. I was wondering why? Over here I think hand cranks gave way to treadles pretty quickly but I wonder if homes were larger over here so the space wasn't as big an issue? Anyway, we bought an 1889 Singer 28 for $200 today (may have been the same one, though we're in Wisconsin and the OP is in Missouri) and I don't feel I over paid. Now, that was on the upper end of what we thought it was worth but he gave a good deal on the New National that we picked up at the same time (and an OK price on the 48K) so we don't feel cheated at all.