Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: 1950 Singer in cabinet

that is so pretty .........
    Judy, retired RN, alias 4 dogs and in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Someday you will be a memory - try to make it a good one .

I also believe it's a Singer reproduction. It was probably made in the 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Philips View Post
    Littlebear:

Yes it does have a drop feed dial and the tension dial does have numbers. It also does a reverse stitch.
    Hi Marilyn,

I think we can safely say that your sewing machine is of late twentieth century origin, probably 1980's as others have said. Definintely not between 1851 and 1870. The evidence we have is that the 15 model was not made during this time, I believe it was first manufactured during the late 1870's (1879?), also machines of this era didn't have the numbered tension dials and the 15 model didn't get the reverse stitch feature until quite late in it's production. The plastic dial to drop the feed dogs is a feature of the late twentieth century Chinese, Taiwanese etc models.

The machine in the picture I posted is a late twentieth/early twenty-first century machine.

I hope this has helped you in your quest for information about your machine.

I have a 15 made in Taiwan, circa 1980 and she is a lovely machine.

Clare
    Last edited by Littlebearquiltingboard; 12-07-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3