Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 1950 Singer in cabinet

Blog Entries

1950 Singer in cabinet

A friend of mine wants to sell her 1950 Singer in cabinet..model # AJ987146...she doesn't know what to ask for it...great condition...can someone give me about what they are worth...thanks

I saw one at a thrift store for $34. It's worth what you can get for it.

I have my mother's 15-91 in a cabinet and no way I would let it go. Sure wish I had the matching stool but it would more than likely just get in the way. Value? I agree, whatever you can get for it. The buyer will want to know when it was serviced last. Do you know the model number? That has a lot to do with the value.

Good luck!

I just bought a 1951 model 15 in a very nice cabinet with the stool for $75.

Blog Entries
    I bought mine at a garage sale with manual and attachments with the cabinet and stool for $8.00.

Mary

I just purchased a Singer "15ch Models - 1 and 11". The cabinet and machine are in very good condition, but needs a new belt and thread spindle to start. I haven't had a chance to check out much more. Does anyone know how old this machine is? I have checked out a lot of stuff on internet and it appears to be in the group between 1850 and 1870. Nothing gives an approximate value, but I felt that $80.00 was reasonable. I found it in a thrift shop. My first find.
    Millie

Millie,
    If in fact this is a CH model, it was made in China. Probably made in the 1980 (ish). To verify this we need the serial number.
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Philips View Post
    I just purchased a Singer "15ch Models - 1 and 11". The cabinet and machine are in very good condition, but needs a new belt and thread spindle to start. I haven't had a chance to check out much more. Does anyone know how old this machine is? I have checked out a lot of stuff on internet and it appears to be in the group between 1850 and 1870. Nothing gives an approximate value, but I felt that $80.00 was reasonable. I found it in a thrift shop. My first find.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Thanks very much Mizkaki. The serial number is 493519. Any help in identifying will be appreciated.
    Millie

Millie,

Are where any letters before the serial number? And can you post a picture?

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Philips View Post
    Thanks very much Mizkaki. The serial number is 493519. Any help in identifying will be appreciated.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast