Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 1962-64 ? Kenmore

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Trying to find out what this machine is worth. Kenmore 52 #158.523 Serial #0148937 Been setting for 20 yrs. It's in a cabinet #1173061 The machine has all acc. It has a chair also that has a drawer under the seat.
    Does anybody know where I can find info on a old machine I've tried the internet several places and did'nt have any luck.
    Thanks in advance. Deb :?:

I'm not expert, but machines like this can be found on CL or in thrift stores from $15-$50.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter Day-by-Day
    Trying to find out what this machine is worth. Kenmore 52 #158.523 Serial #0148937 Been setting for 20 yrs. It's in a cabinet #1173061 The machine has all acc. It has a chair also that has a drawer under the seat.
    Does anybody know where I can find info on a old machine I've tried the internet several places and did'nt have any luck.
    They say a guy on here name billy can help with that Lostn51

Blog Entries
    The chair with the drawer under the seat, along with the matching cabinet, will make this machine more valuable than most. This type of machine in a ho-hum cabinet sells in thrift shops here for about $30-40. However, it's rare to have the chair that goes with it. That would probably bump the price up to $50-100 ($100 only if you find a collector who appreciates the value of the chair). If the cabinet and chair are elaborate, that also bumps up the price, and if they are in pristine condition, that also bumps up the price.

Banned
    Most of the time I sell these for around $85 or so after a full service and in a portable base. But if you have the cabinet, chair, and all of the accessories + being recently fully serviced and in mint condition then you can see one sell for around $145 to $150.

Billy

Are there any sewing machine repair stores in your area - look in the yellow pages - they can probably give you an idea - also take some photos of the machine and cabinet before you go.
    Good luck