Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 201s gears are moving but . . .

Blog Entries

201s gears are moving but . . .

Got the 201 moving smoothly . . . by hand. When I put everying back and plugged her in NOTHING!

So I figured I wired her wrong. Took the other 201 apart and wired the new one like that. Still nothing. My friend came over with his tester. Battery was dead on the tester. Need to get a new battery today.

I'm guessing that she's still wired wrong or maybe the foot pedal is bad. The light does come on. If the foot pedal is bad, would the motor not make any sounds? I get total silence. The motor did make noise before I took her apart.

I'm stuck. Can someone tell me what to check next?

Every time I get frustrated with this machine I think, I only spent $19 and some gas money on her . . . so far.

Could you describe if you removed the motor or wires connected to it. The wiring can be brittle and you could have broken a lead to the motor if you pulled on it. I am suspecting that you may need to rewire motor, or as you mentioned the wiring is incorrect. The light going on is a good sign but it is wired independently of the motor. When you say...the motor makes noise, does that mean that it turned?

Kat,

Check the wiring path. The two new wires from the motor go to numbers 2 & 3 on the rear of the terminal box (male ). The foot control wires go to numbers 1 & 2 on the box or on the plug (either way works). The light wires go to 1 & 3 on the rear of the box. The power wires go to 1 & 3 in the terminal plug (female plug).

hope this helps,
    Cathy

(
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
    Got the 201 moving smoothly . . . by hand. When I put everying back and plugged her in NOTHING!

So I figured I wired her wrong. Took the other 201 apart and wired the new one like that. Still nothing. My friend came over with his tester. Battery was dead on the tester. Need to get a new battery today.

I'm guessing that she's still wired wrong or maybe the foot pedal is bad. The light does come on. If the foot pedal is bad, would the motor not make any sounds? I get total silence. The motor did make noise before I took her apart.

I'm stuck. Can someone tell me what to check next?

Every time I get frustrated with this machine I think, I only spent $19 and some gas money on her . . . so far.
    "Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"