Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 new ones!

Blog Entries

3 new ones!

Or 3 old ones...

My father took me to a Junk Store and I saw a sewing machine case sitting in the floor. It'd seen better days. It held a Federal ZigZag. I didn't even test it out. Turned the hand crank and the needle went waaaaay into the bobbin area. While I was looking at it, I saw a cabinet buried under some other junk, and I started digging into it. It held a black 301a. Needed oil; didn't test. I told the owner that I didn't want the cabinet and made him an offer on the head. I was shocked that he took it. I found another machine sitting on the floor (seriously, this "store" was just full of treasures waiting to be discovered!!) and it was a beautiful Standard machine. The cords had been cut off of it, but ironically, I guess the owner thought it was the Belle of the Ball, so when I said I wanted to pay the same as the others, he asked if I'd pay twice the amount.

Ok, ready for the punchline?

$5 for the Federal, $5 for the 301 and $10 for the Standard.

Neither the Federal or the Standard are going to pass for new machines. The Standard has a hand crank on it too. Very cute! I plugged the 301 up and the light came on and when I pushed the pedal, she labored thru a very slow, whiny turn. I didn't push it. I didn't like the old cord/plug and I want to clean her up and oil her and get her a new cord/plug. I'm hoping I won't have to replace the pedal or the motor. She's dirty, but her decals are in good shape.

Oh and I found out from my dad that the treadle that I got was his grandmother's! So I have one from my mom's mother and one from my dad's grandmother's!! And seven other ones!
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

Wow, your lucky day! When you get a chance, would you share some photos of your new machines?
    "A change of feeling is a change of destiny."
    -Neville-

Wow, you will have a fun time with these projects.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

Wow, you had a great day!

Score!!! Great !!

pictures,we want to see pictures.....

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pictures pictures please

Congratulations on your wonderful finds. If you haven't had a 301 you will love it. I love mine in the cabinet though.
    This too shall pass.
    Janie

sooo, if I come down to to the tail of the dragon again out of Gatlinburg, can I come see them? what a great day you had!
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Definitely your lucky day!! Congratulations!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast