Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 301 zig zag attachment

I brought out both our Singer ZZ attachments yesterday and tried them on our 201-2. It's one of those actually listed on the instructions.
    Both attachments and the 6 different cams worked nicely. Much better than before. All of the patterns were narrow, but looked like they should.
    Some time ago I tried the attachments on the HOTHER witch is a 15 clone and it didn't work worth a hoot. The regular ZZ pattern was narrow and ugly and the others couldn't be made to look nice.
    Apparently even though the HOTHER is a 15 clone, it's just different enough that the ZZ attachments do not work right.

Being the glutton for punishment that I can be, I'm going to try the attachments on the HOTHER again, and on my FW.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    I brought out both our Singer ZZ attachments yesterday and tried them on our 201-2. It's one of those actually listed on the instructions.
    Both attachments and the 6 different cams worked nicely. Much better than before. All of the patterns were narrow, but looked like they should.
    Some time ago I tried the attachments on the HOTHER witch is a 15 clone and it didn't work worth a hoot. The regular ZZ pattern was narrow and ugly and the others couldn't be made to look nice.
    Apparently even though the HOTHER is a 15 clone, it's just different enough that the ZZ attachments do not work right.

Being the glutton for punishment that I can be, I'm going to try the attachments on the HOTHER again, and on my FW.

Joe
    Joe did you use a feed dog cover when you used the zzer?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Miriam,

No. If you use a feed dog cover how will the machine feed the fabric? The ZZ attachment only holds it as it goes side to side as I understand it. Am I missing something?

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2