Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 plus year old unsolved crime

Miriam,

Contact Keith. I'll be he gets a laugh out of it weather or not he's "that" Keith. I agree with Nancy.

A couple years ago rumors were circulating in my wife's family that one of her brothers was dead. Nobody had heard from him in a very long time. Yet nobody wanted to call him. Even my wife was tongue tied. So I called the BIL and said: "Is this XXXXX? He said tentatively .... yes. Then I told him who I was and asked , did you know you're family thinks your dead? He sputtered and then started laughing. He was just living his live and not giving the family any extra thoughts.

Contact him. I'll bet he gets a chuckle out it.

Joe

Is it not possible that Keith Fowler himself took Home Ec and engraved his own name on the machine? Boys took Home Ec when I was in high school -- I was in a class with the first boys (most were our friends) to ever to enroll in a Home Ec course. They did it mostly as a joke...and to be around girls....but the teachers LOVED it and encouraged them. They had great fun and so did we. We were all ahead of our time, I think.

That is so funny. I would think he would get a hoot out of it, even if he was the culprit! LOL

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, what a great story. I would contact him and just take it from there. Please keep us updated!
    Such a great mystery!

Absolutely contact him. I think that most people would find this humorous. Cam you imagine how awesome it would be if his wife had a crush on him in high school, carved his name on the sewing machine and then later got married! Can you tell that I'm a romantic?
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

Muv
    Miriam, get the school year books. We want to know what this geezer looked like. Was he worth risking getting caught during needlework class?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Miriam, get the school year books. We want to know what this geezer looked like. Was he worth risking getting caught during needlework class?
    Now THAT'S a good point - but he would be old and perhaps ugly by now.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
    Absolutely contact him. I think that most people would find this humorous. Cam you imagine how awesome it would be if his wife had a crush on him in high school, carved his name on the sewing machine and then later got married! Can you tell that I'm a romantic?
    Yeah but what if he divorced and remarried and the new wife is the jealous sort...

Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh. This brings back memories........No, I'm not the carver of the now famous Keith Fowler......I carved my brothers name on my folks toilet seat (I was mad at him for being mean). I just learned how to print his name. The seat was that horrid green color that was all the rage and I was inventive.....I used one of my mothers bobby pins to do the crime.

Blog Entries
    I wonder what 'tool' was used to do the crime?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast