66-16 light socket q's

Old 12-29-2013, 11:35 AM

Default 66-16 light socket q's

Thanks to you I've got my 66-16 running safely with a new foot pedal cord from Sew Classics. The light wires didn't look very safe so I've taken it off the machine. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it apart to replace the wires. Would it be safe to wrap it with electrical tape? Sew Classics doesn't have the same socket with the same wires and I've looked at several other repair sites and can't find a socket replacement. So I'm back to you sweeties for help and any advice. It also needs a bulb, the 15W pop in type which I can get. I'd like to keep the original light bulb socket.
Attached Thumbnails 20131229_18.jpg  
Old 12-29-2013, 01:36 PM

GreyQ,

The light on my 66-16 has three steel snap rings you need to remove. One near where the cord comes out and two in the middle which also holds the spring clip for the glass light lens. Once those are off it should come apart.

As long as the cord wires are good and the bare wires are only at the ends tape won't hurt at all.

Sew-Classics light { http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/Ligh...k-SCE504EZ.htm } is the one to use if you don't want to rewire your OEM light.

Joe
Old 12-29-2013, 03:02 PM

Thanks Joe! I see the bands but I'm not going to try to pull it apart just yet. I'm trying a little electric tape. Always can rely on you all.