Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
99k found for 7.50 at goodwill.yesterday.?????? >

99k found for 7.50 at goodwill.yesterday.??????

99k found for 7.50 at goodwill.yesterday.??????

Old 09-01-2014, 09:24 AM

CMARAS, where are you on a houseboat in KY? Please PM me--maybe we can get together and share notes on not being able to get GKs around to help us with pictures....
Old 09-01-2014, 09:52 AM

And I forgot to add, you have two "whats" out in a shed? Do you think they are 99s, or if they are in coffin tops, they might be any number of Singers, but still vintage or antique.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:57 AM

I am in Ky now, but will look when i get back to Fl for winter.. This Machine was in a cabinet as it has the two hinges still on it. no attachments But Im sure I have many that will fit it. I will take it home and clean oil ..check for repairs etc. then send pic. with the other two .last count I have about 15 ,plus two sergers and 1 treadle belonged to my grannie. I also have a 185 which is similar ....................... ps the Fifty pounds was kinda kidding, but it is a heavy sucker, and i just had a 100.000- surgery./hosp bill for a new shoulder.so I am not lifting anything that heavy. My Dgs can get it out of the car when i get home.. hehe
Old 09-02-2014, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
You know CD I may just have to eat my words. I know that years ago I saw a picture of a 99 in an enclosed (parlor?) treadle cabinet but for the life of me I can't remember where. It stuck in my head because it was different than what we see every day. Now I can't find one even in an image search so I could very well be wrong.

Cari
Good news! No need to worry about eating your words Cari. You’re not wrong.

The early version of the Singer 99 User Manual has language about Hand Attachment and Treadle Use, so Singer must have sent them out in treadles. It mainly just tells how to the use the belt shifter to shift the treadle belt off and on the flywheel, and how much more convenient the treadle is for use rather than the Hand Attachment so that you can have both hands free to manage your sewing item. But at least it’s talking about treadle use in a Singer 99 User Manual.

Now we just need to find a photo of an original Singer 99 Treadle.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 09-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
Good news! No need to worry about eating your words Cari. You’re not wrong.

The early version of the Singer 99 User Manual has language about Hand Attachment and Treadle Use, so Singer must have sent them out in treadles. It mainly just tells how to the use the belt shifter to shift the treadle belt off and on the flywheel, and how much more convenient the treadle is for use rather than the Hand Attachment so that you can have both hands free to manage your sewing item. But at least it’s talking about treadle use in a Singer 99 User Manual.

Now we just need to find a photo of an original Singer 99 Treadle.

CD in Oklahoma
Great! Good to know my one remaining brain cell still works. Sometimes I wonder.

Cari
Old 09-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

Great deal no matter what it is..