Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Age of White treadle sewing machine >

Age of White treadle sewing machine

Age of White treadle sewing machine

Old 07-01-2016, 09:50 AM

Default Age of White treadle sewing machine

I just purchased a White treadle sewing machine today. It has all the parts and is in very nice condition including the base. I have scoured the internet for the model number with zero success. I did see a post with a picture and description that matches mine. The only difference is the model number. The model number on my White treadle sewing machine is FR 109798. I will attempt once more to attach a picture. If anyone has any idea regarding the age of this White sewing machine I would love to hear your thoughts. It won't let me attach the picture at the moment. Probably related to I'm using a Mac.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Banned

The number you gave is the serial number and the FR stands for "Family Rotary". Someone should come along soon who can better answer your question.

Cari
Old 07-01-2016, 02:29 PM

Send the serial number in an email to [email protected] requesting it's manufactured date; that is where I found the serial# for my White FR. It may take them a couple weeks to respond though if I remember correctly.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:09 PM

Hi,

You can also try Katie Farmer at [email protected]. She is currently working on a book about White.

Jon
Old 07-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Banned

Katie is an even better source than Husquvarna directly. She literally "wrote the book" (and is in process of an updated version now) And super nice!
Old 04-13-2018, 01:12 PM

Has anyone tried to rewire an electric light from an old White treadle? I've remove 2 screws and the bulb. I see nothing else that is holding the 2 pieces together but I am afraid to stick a screwdriver in between them bc of the fragility of the plastic. Any suggestions would be appreciated.