There was a really huge estate sale here in NE IN the last couple days, tons of fabric, zippers, buttons, and some other goodies. Forum member QuiltingVagabond sent me a PM about it with the CL link. She wanted pics if we went and I did mention it to my wife. Sorry about the lack of pics, but thanks for the heads up.
My wife didn't remember the pics but she did get a bunch of really nice American made fabrics, buttons, ribbon, blanket binding, lace and some patterns. MY SIL bought almost 50 pieces of holey plastic sheets for cross stitching.
(My bad I didn't hear him tell me about the pics. There was a bunch of Mennonite women there yesterday and they were hogging the zippers and some of the notions that were out.
I sort of pushed my way into the box of bias tapes and rick rack.Some one had been there and had been shopping like crazy the first day I went. They had a HUGE pile sitting next to the gals cashing people out.
Here is a link to the Facebook page that "Angie Smith" posted pics on of the sale on the first day.
Originally they were going to start on Friday but they got set up on Thursday and decided to go ahead and start selling. Lucky for me that I am a member of that page and saw her post.
My wife went both yesterday and today. Yesterday she saw the only sewing machine they had. She told me it was in a grungy case and was one of the old black Singers, but she didn't know which model. They wanted $350.00 for it. ROFLMBO for sure. She told them in it's condition they'd be doing good to get $35.00 for it. The strange thing was, nobody running this sale sewed at all.
Today she went back and talked them down to ....... I'm still laughing at this ..... $8.00.
The machine is a Model 15-91. Serial # AK 812708. One of 50,000 allotted March 3 of 1952. Almost my birthday. It is complete but was locked up with some rust here and there, nothing really terrible. It took me almost 15 minutes to get it freed up. Now it's sits over night soaking in Tri-Flow.
Here's some pics of it now, sorry but but I got all excited and forgot to take some before pics.
The machine was originally a cabinet machine, and someone rewired the foot controller with wire insulated with sp1 size insulation and an after market foot controller.
I'm going to clean it up, put it in a better case and redo the wiring as a correct portable machine. Hopefully I'll have one of the double wiring set ups in my extra parts but if not I can order one from Sew-Classic.
Now I got a machine worthy of my efforts.