Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Also found these

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also found these

Singer AH752802 for 185.00 in a sewing cabinet with the drawers down one side. Someone posted a cabinet something like this the other day. All I can find out from the Singer site is it is a 1948. It doesn't say anymore on there site about when it was born and how many and where it was born. The next one is a Singer Lotus D445188 for 95.00 in a beautiful cabinet treadle,born 1908. Also i found a treadle machine in a cabinet that is a Domestic for 85.00 but didn't have a piece of paper when I saw that one so don't have a model # for this one,never heard of a Domestic. This is the other one,singer AA480007 according to Singer born in 1925 and someone just posted a pic of one they just got so I know it is a Singer 128 VS it is in a wood case is it worth 85.00?
    Last edited by Quilter Day-by-Day; 02-15-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

Got pictures?

Blog Entries
    AH752802 is a 66 commissioned on Aug 26, 1948.

D445188 is also a 66, commissioned August 11, 1908

As for the Singer 128 for $85? Yes, if the machine is in good shape and complete.

Graham wrote a nice article on Domestic here:

http://www.ismacs.net/domestic/thoug...e_company.html
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Charlee,

Exactly where do you find the commission dates? I know where to find the serial numbers but when I go to that page all I see is the serial number range and year.

Joe

OH, also, where do find what model number goes with what serial numbers? I've tried finding that too.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Find the charts HERE

Just click on the appropriate link to go to the serial number/model breakdown. These charts will give you the model, and the commission dates (not to be confused with actual manufacture date, no one knows those, but they can be estimated)
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Blog Entries
    I should also add to be alert to a few mistakes here and there.... my 115 is listed as a model 27 or 25, can't recall which one...

Thank you very much for the links. I picked up a fairly decent parlor cabinet this week containing what I now know is an electrified model 15 with "RAF decals". They look like lightning bolts!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Find the charts HERE

Just click on the appropriate link to go to the serial number/model breakdown. These charts will give you the model, and the commission dates (not to be confused with actual manufacture date, no one knows those, but they can be estimated)
    Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    Thank you very much for the links. I picked up a fairly decent parlor cabinet this week containing what I now know is an electrified model 15 with "RAF decals". They look like lightning bolts!
    You're welcome!! We don't see a lot of the RAF decals in the states. While I wouldn't say they're "rare", they're not as common!