Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I getting bored or burned out?

A Pfaff 360 sounds like what you need or a Necchi Supernova. If you find a Supernova you will never regret buying it. I still tear up when I think about mine. I sold it to a gentleman as a surprise for his wife who had been looking for one for a couple of years.

Do you have the 530-2? Maybe you could describe how you "unfroze" your machine. I am so disappointed that the guy I bought this from said it ran and it might need a service but never said a thing about major parts being frozen. I'm never buying a machine online again from a "non sewer". When I pointed out the issue his response was, "I was perfectly clear in my description and I don't sew". Silly me, I thought he was an honest seller...he also said he took it to a service place who said it could have the problem I found. Then why not share that info? I know why but it's Sunday and I just want to get my little Bernina working.

Thanks Joe. I looked my 530-2 over and there isn't a plugin area for a foot pedal that I see. Maybe it's an either or option.

Oh my, these pics get top marks for CUTE!!!

I don't have a Bernina 530, but the technique I mentioned is what I've done to several other machines that were gummed up.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Anna, the little dog is adorable. Going to a chilly walk today. Nine degrees with a breeze. I don't think I want to know the wind chill until I come in.

Put your big boy pants on and go out into your sewing room and play.

have fun
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I caution you about the Bernina's. They are without a doubt my favorites, but if it is missing parts you will have to beg dealers for parts...I have a 930, 830 and 802...all of which needed work. The 930 took me months to find the proper parts so be prepared for many phone calls until you can get what you need. That being said...I love the Bernina's.

Dan,

I followed your saga of the 930 from the first post to the last. One of the reasons I'm hesitating. It's a GW auction so I can't eyeball it first.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Joe, Just take some time off and do some sewing and playing. You don't need to fix the machines as soon as they come home. Stop collecting for awhile and play.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast