Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Another 99-13 and a second unique machine

Another 99-13 and a second unique machine

My husband brought home another 99-13 today. I already had the one from my Grandmother, but now I have one a couple of years newer-a 1930 model.

He also came in with a curious machine. The lady he got the 99 from asked if we fixed machines. We do a bit of fixing up, but not major repair. She asked if he would look at it because she had taken it somewhere else and they had not gotten it to work. It is a New Home Combi 10 (I know it is not vintage, sorry). This thing is neat because it has a sewing machine on one side and a serger on the other. It has a turn-table thingy under it and you can unlock it to turn the machine around. Anyway, it was frozen solid. I spent all afternoon cleaning and oiling and it works! Yoo Hoo! Just thought you might like a look at this curiosity!

Pat
    Name:  New Home Combi bulletin board1.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  77.3 KBsewingName:  New Home Combi bulletin board02.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  68.1 KBserging

Blog Entries
    I have never seen a thing like this. but it would be a good thing to have wouldn't it? I like to poke around on machines too.

Yes, this machine has been posted before. It really never caught on with folks because sergers typically use 3-5 threads for overcasting seams and or decorative serging. The strength of the locked threads keeps the fabric from unraveling and making a nice, finished seam. A two thread serger really isn't good for much! So, although neat, IMO rather useless. Now had they made the machine with a true serger-one with 4 or 5 thread capacity...that would be cool.

Beautiful, and she is pretty unique!

We returned her to her rightful owner today-all fixed and shiny. She was thrilled to be able to sew again. Nice to make her happy.

Pat