Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Anyone have a '70s Bernina 830 record with nice decals? >

Anyone have a '70s Bernina 830 record with nice decals?

Anyone have a '70s Bernina 830 record with nice decals?

Old 04-01-2014, 10:34 PM

Default Anyone have a '70s Bernina 830 record with nice decals?

Hi all. I bought one of these beautiful machines a few weeks ago but the top cover's decals have partially been rubbed off (no doubt lovingly, and over forty two years). Can someone take a clear picture of them as they should be preferably from, say, six feet away (to avoid the fish eye effect of being too close)? My plan is to re-make them and print onto clear waterslide.
Here is what I have right now:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]469725[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bernina-sm.jpg  
Old 04-01-2014, 11:08 PM

I don't have this machine, but I know someone who does. I'll be seeing her next week; if you haven't got a picture by then, I'll bring my camera and take one for you.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:44 PM

I found this page http://edsmum.wordpress.com/2010/11/...d-circa-1980s/

It had this image:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]469726[/ATTACH] does this help? Here's the direct link to a larger pic: http://edsmum.files.wordpress.com/20...-stitches1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails 13-01-830-satin-stitches1.jpg  
Old 04-02-2014, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
I'll bring my camera and take one for you.
You're wonderful, thank you Jennifer.

Originally Posted by foufymaus View Post
Here's the direct link to a larger pic: http://edsmum.files.wordpress.com/20...-stitches1.jpg
Thanks foufymaus, but it's not face on. I could trace this out on illustrator (or open source equivalent Inkscape) but I'd have to adjust it so it wouldn't look funny.

The path of least effort is what I'm looking for, and a nice clear picture face on would be really easy for someone (Jennifer23 most likely). Once I have done the job I'll put the file somewhere, maybe with instructions, so that anyone else can use it if they need it.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:32 AM

I've got one sitting upstairs, so I can take all the pictures you want. However I won't be able to do so until Monday. If you are still looking then, send me a PM and I can email as many pictures from what ever angle you desire until we get it right.

Though I'm not sure about the "face on" as these are on top of the machine - but I can stand on a ladder to get them, not a big deal either. I have a high resolution DSL camera too, so can get very high resolution pictures if you want them.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:18 AM

I have several, but I'm not sure what face on means(like Macybaby). I see the photo posted is slightly angled. Is that what you can't use?
Old 04-02-2014, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I have several, but I'm not sure what face on means(like Macybaby). I see the photo posted is slightly angled. Is that what you can't use?
That's right Candace, I need it to be not angled and not a close-up, because cameras tend to go fisheye and bend the outsides a bit.
Face on was how I think of it, like looking straight at someone in the face. Actually, if I had the good one I'd remove the top plate and pop it on a flat bed scanner, but I wouldn't ask someone else to do this: Taking a clear picture will be perfectly fine, and I can quite easily make a waterslide printable image out of it.

Thanks Macybaby. If you can I would appreciate it and Jennifer will be spared the embarrassment of explaining to her friend why she needs to take a picture of her sewing machine for an Irishman/Australian she's never met
Old 04-02-2014, 12:17 PM

Let me know if you still need the pics. My 830 Record is ready and willing to be a model for a photo.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1 View Post
Let me know if you still need the pics. My 830 Record is ready and willing to be a model for a photo.
Well I'll take the first one when I get it. The sooner the better, and everyone else who's kindly offered will be off the hook
Old 04-02-2014, 02:02 PM

It sounds like Macybaby has a better camera than me, and quilter1 has a machine in search of fame, so chances are you'll get good pictures before I could do it.

Thanks Macybaby. If you can I would appreciate it and Jennifer will be spared the embarrassment of explaining to her friend why she needs to take a picture of her sewing machine for an Irishman/Australian she's never met
Haha... asking to do it and explaining why are actually the parts of this little project I was most looking forward to! I'm pretty hard to embarrass, I guess.