Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Anyone recognize this machine? >

Anyone recognize this machine?

Anyone recognize this machine?

Old 06-05-2016, 03:02 PM

Default Anyone recognize this machine?

I bought this at an auction a couple of weeks ago. It's a "Lenco". I've searched every way I can think of to find another one, but have had no luck. I even joined the yahoo Japanese machine group. But, if you can't post photos, it makes things very difficult. This one needs cleaning, rewiring and a belt, at the least. I would like to find a manual or something. It has the words SAN SHEN in the casting on the underside of the bed. It has a serial number of A08154

bk
Attached Thumbnails lenco.jpg  
Old 06-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Banned

Are you sure it doesn't say Sanshin? That would be the manufacturer. There are no serial number records for Japanese machines, so that's basically useless info. There are hundreds, if not thousands of badged names on Japanese machines so while the name of your machine might not be familiar to others, the machine itself might be. This particular machine might have been sent to many different distributors with different names on it so the manual might not have a name on it, just a model number. Sort of a generic manual. The best way to search for a manual for a machine like this is by looking at pictures on the front page, not by a name search.

Cari
Old 06-05-2016, 04:14 PM

I understand that. However, I haven't found one that looks like it. You're right. It says SANSHIN. That might help me find it. Thanks.
bkay
Old 06-05-2016, 04:47 PM

Found it! The Sanshin got me to Universal which got me to a Sewmor 711. I found a manual for sale on tias.com for $5.00 for download and $10.00 for a printed one. It's definitely worth that.

Thanks, Cari.

bkay
Attached Thumbnails univresal.jpg  
Old 06-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Banned

You're welcome. It's great that you found a manual. IMO, the manual can be one of the most important tools you can have, especially if it's a machine you aren't familiar with. Some people can't or won't pay for a manual(if they can't find a free one - topic for another time), then never learn all of a machines' functions. To me that's sad. I like to use my machines.

Cari