Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Atkinson Treadle machine

Atkinson Treadle machine

Does anyone know anything at all about an Atkinson Treadle machine? I wonder if parts from a Singer would work on it or if it is worth the 35 dollars that someone is asking for it.

Got any photos?

No, the machine is a hundred miles from here and I hesitate to drive that far to look at it. I didn't find any info on Google.

Quote Originally Posted by kofe View Post
    Does anyone know anything at all about an Atkinson Treadle machine? I wonder if parts from a Singer would work on it or if it is worth the 35 dollars that someone is asking for it.
    I would not count on Singer parts working on the "Atkinson Treadle" since it could have been made by about any manufacturer but Singer. $35 is reasonable but the 100 mile ride and sight unseen is risky if the machine is in bad shape. Best bet is to keep an eye on the local Craigslist and ebay under "nearest distance".
    Good Luck
    Jon

Or have seller send you a bunch of pictures for all angels. If they want to sell it they will as most people want to see what they are buying before they go look at it.

Singer parts don't fit anything but a Singer. The screws all have special threads from other screws and just won't work on say a White or(choose a brand). Singer did this on purpose so that a customer would have to buy parts etc.. from a Singer dealer.