Attachments for 9W-7

Old 11-18-2013, 12:49 PM

Default Attachments for 9W-7

I need a set of attachments for my Singer 9W-7 or two. I have two of the machines.
I do not want to pay eBay prices. And I'm not set up with PayPal as of yet.

If anyone here has a set they'd like to part with, or even single pieces please PM me.

If anyone has a pic of a complete set please post it. I'd love to see them.

Joe
Old 11-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

what do they look like?
Old 11-18-2013, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
what do they look like?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WHEE...p2047675.l2557
Old 11-18-2013, 06:45 PM

here is my set. I paid $40 including shipping for the box and set. People list the empty boxes for obnoxious prices, but every once in a while a good deal comes along. I would not expect to find a set for under $30 -but one never knows. . . (the bobbins I bought seperatly - paid $19 for the pair)

This includes the tucker, adjustable hemmer (with patent date, so we know where Singer got that one from) gather foot, braiding foot, narrow hem foot, cloth guide and screw, Ruffler and shirr plate. I'm not sure what the needle plate is for - it has a short tube underneath for the needle. I don't even know for sure if it goes with, as I don't feel like dragging the machine out to look.

Here is one beside a back clamp foot. My understanding is that Singer modeled the 66 after the W9 - and why it has back clamp instead of the side clamp like their contemporary machines, the 27 and 15

I have no extra W9 attachments, but I do have some extra back clamp.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 PM

Jon,
Thanks for the eBay link, I'll check it out.

Cathy,

Ooooo Ooooo I'm drooling over both the 9w-7 and back clamp footsies.

I've got a set of the back clamp feet but they either don't look like yours, or you have more or something.

Joe
Old 11-19-2013, 04:47 AM

Joe, there are several styles of back clamp ( I think I have four different sets). With significant differences, especially the tucker. Those in the picture are all the more later type, which is very similar to what Singer offered from then on in the side clamp versions. It seems that around the 1920's Singer "stabilized" their attachment design, and there aren't all that many changes after that.

Now that I have the W9 set, I can see how strongly that influenced the earlier back clamp attachments.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:59 AM

For fun - here are several different tuckers, you can see where the second on the left is very similar to the W9, The top left is the typical Greist design. Those on the right are all slightly different, mostly in the lettering on them.

These are four different rufflers.

And some different underbraider and shirr plates.

Not as much different in the binders/hemmers - though the older style has the multiple sizes that fit into a foot like the Greist still do today. Once Singer got the adjustable foot from WW, they stopped offering the multi size sets.

I've got three different types of Singer hemmer sets.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:22 AM

I knew that there were at least 2 different Singer Backclamp Rufflers, but I didn't know there were 4.

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails rufflers_05.jpg  
Old 11-19-2013, 11:44 AM

here are some better pictures of the four I have. There may be more too.

These are the two that are different than the above. The first says "Singer No.66" on it -so no doubt what it is for LOL!!

Here are all four - the second to the right is missing the removable shirr plate, so that is not a "difference" between them.

And the back side

And some other items. The lower is a side clamp set, pretty sure it's for the 27. The upper is for the back clamp 66. The attachment foot is there for reference - the binder, hemmers and quilt guide are identical.

The differences are more evident from the back side.

This is a page from a manual showing this set. I'm after a cabinet with a molded drawer now too LOL!!

Old 11-19-2013, 11:49 AM

Cathy,

I'm working to rebuild a cabinet with that exact drawer. I've lost my work area and the weather is going cold on me. Maybe next year.

Joe