Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Attachments - anyone know what they fit? >

Attachments - anyone know what they fit?

Attachments - anyone know what they fit?

Old 11-29-2013, 01:38 PM

Default Attachments - anyone know what they fit?

So far, these have me stumped. I've got two sets, I'm sure one is much older because of the style of tucker. The newer set has "Greist" stamped on the tucker, but they made them for many machines.

Here are the two sets - there is nothing on the box to identify them - they both only have a border trim and no words.

Though the attaching method is very different, the hemmer feet are identical.

Here are the two hemmers with the feet detached.

The inside diameter of the hole is .182 just under 3/16" It is too small for all of the machines I currently have.

I assume it's for a long bobbin - as the one set has plates for it. These are 1" wide by 3.5" long. Note the round needle plate - the cutout for the feed dogs, that is rather unique also.

I would also love to find the ruffler that goes with the first set. I'd guess that it does not use the clamp on attachment, but instead would have the round opening and go directly on the presser foot bar - but that is a guess on my part.

The ruffler is pretty neat, it also uses the attachment foot, and the shirr plate rotates out of the way when you don't need it. This is the underside - there is a lever that hooks into a notch on the foot to hole the ruffler in place.

Any ideas as to the machine it might fit?

Last edited by Macybaby; 11-29-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:46 PM

The hemmer feet in picture look a lot like the ones I had for my Light Running New Home Treadle. They went on the same way - the presser bar went into the foot and clamped on. I sold it and it's attachments, but that is how they looked and attached. Took me a while to figure it out!
Old 11-30-2013, 04:39 PM

Thanks - that is what I've been leaning to, an older New Home. I've been spending quite a bit of time on Needlebar going over their attachment pictures and Machine manuals looking at attachments.

I suppose this means I'll have to buy a New Home treadle - they are such neat attachments.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:35 PM

The New Home I had was a very pretty coffin top treadle that ran really smooth. Just about treadled itself. Unfortunately, I had no room for another treadle and ended up selling it.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:13 PM

I know a fantastic New Home for sale. I feel badly about not buying it so you should by it.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:34 AM

I have that same box with attachments for my White Rotary
Old 12-01-2013, 08:35 AM

Quilter D-b-D, can you post a picture of your set? I'm specifically trying to figure out the ruffler that goes with it. Since you have a Rotary, I'm also interested in what your shirring and underbraider plates look like. I've got rotary sets with three styles of them, one I know fits National, one fits White, but I'm not sure what the third fits.

Then I've got four styles for the VS, I know one fits White VS, one fits Free, one fits New Home and then I have one newer style that fits something like the White VS, but the rectangular plate under the feed dogs has to be wider for it to work.

I'll be looking for a New Home machine only, so will probably concentrate on Ebay - I don't have room for any more treadle bases. I'm converting one of the Singer Parlor cabinet (Lift up) styles so I can put different treadles in it.

I'm still sorting through the Greist/Toof stuff now. I think I got all the way through the Singer ones.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:24 AM

Cathy, or someone else, I have a set that is this diameter mounting hole, to go with my old "New National" handcrank, which is actually a New Home.[ATTACH=CONFIG]478828[/ATTACH]
My question is the Toof attachments, have a teeny tiny little hole, and I don't have, or know what to look for, the adapter to the machine. What am I looking for??? any one have a picture? [ATTACH=CONFIG]478829[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2014-04-29-22.36.38.jpg   2014-04-18-19.21.42.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Banned

those mount on a foot that has a "pin" for that hole.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Banned

Those mount on a foot that has a "pin" for that hole.

I have one like that that is complete. I will take photos tonight if someone else has not posted pics of one by then