Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Auction Featherweight

Auction Featherweight

Came across a featherweight today to be auctioned. The model # is AJ131428. The bobbin case is missing and I don't know how difficult or expensive this would be to replace. I didn't have anything to sew on, but it powered up and runs nicely.....without bobbin or fabric. The paint is overall pretty good with a few scratches, except that someone scratched their initials & last name into the paint of the extension table. I'm wondering if that could be buffed out perhaps? What else should I be thinking about? Any ideas on how much to bid? It's cute as can be. Thanks for any advice!
    http://www.thingsthatarenotperfect.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't bid more than $100.

Thanks! That was my about what I was thinking. Hope I get some more responses.

Bobbin cases and parts are easy to come by... But with the scratched paint 100 bucks is fair I think...

The bobbin cases I have seen are about $40 w/o shipping. Just something to remember when you are bidding. My sister is looking at getting hers repainted and a place in Arkansas charges $300.

I've seen pictures Bonnie Hunter's machines that she had painted by the guy in Arkansas and they look gorgeous!

Where can we see the pics?

Blog Entries
    It is funny that I just posted an "auction machine subject" on the previous entry. What part of Tennessee? I was speaking of a 99k, and this is about a Featherweight. Do I need to go on a road trip? And if you were lucky enough to snare the Featherweight at that auction, PM me, I might be able to help you with what is missing on it.....
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Well, I didn't get the featherweight...drat! When I called in my bid I found out that the bobbin case wasn't missing after all. The auction guy said they have to take them out, otherwise they really will go missing! So the only thing I think that really detracted from the machine were the scratches, which I could have lived with. However, in my continuing efforts to cut of my nose to spite my face, I only bid $100. I was told it went for around $325 which I think is too much for a machine with someone's name scratched into it. Am I wrong? Apparently.

No, you are anot wrong. E-mailed a guy here in central FL and he has featherweights starting at $250 all referbished and ready to go. Having no room for another sewing machine I will have to wait awhile.
    Keep looking as they are out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast