Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Bag of surprise feet and goodies >

Bag of surprise feet and goodies

Bag of surprise feet and goodies

Old 10-21-2014, 12:20 PM

Default Bag of surprise feet and goodies

I bought a bag of sewing stuff and found lots of great things. There were a lot of Bernina parts including 5 Bernina bobbin cases, 4 Bernina feed dogs, misc. Bernina sewing tools and a variety of feet. Included are pics below. I was surprised to find a few Singer feet that are rather hard to come by. Unfortunately the pretty rare guage foot only has the one gauge in it and the other ruler pieces are missing:< And the quilting foot is missing it's bar. It's still useable, but without that bar a metal paper clip would have to be MacGivered in somehow. The Greist feet are interesting, though not useable to me.

Goody bags=a good thing:>
Attached Thumbnails img_9623.jpg   img_9624.jpeg  
Old 10-21-2014, 12:59 PM

That's a very nice find! I've got a gauge foot with a couple of gauges - yours has the "toe". I'm still looking for a blind braider foot, don't want it enough yet to pay eBay prices for it.

I've got a large lot of sewing parts/attachments coming in the mail. Not sure what I'll end up with, but I saw two hemstitchers in the group - and that is what I was after. Hopefully I'll find some other interesting items, since it's a total of 24 lbs . . . don't expect to find any Singer items with this group though.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:18 PM

Nice gets! Looks like the hemmer feet are missing the adapter. Keep your eyes open, one is bound to turn up.
Rodney
Old 10-21-2014, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Nice gets! Looks like the hemmer feet are missing the adapter. Keep your eyes open, one is bound to turn up.
Rodney
I may have it in the bag somewhere, though it doesn't really matter to me. I was very happy to see the blind braider foot!
Old 10-21-2014, 03:02 PM

Candace,

The hemmers are two different types the one with the squared slot is the later version with the screw type adapter, the others are for the pinch type adapter.

I've got one of the gauge feet too, but mine has only the 3/4" gauge. I keep looking for the other gauges, but so far no luck.

Joe
Old 10-21-2014, 04:39 PM

Joe, I suspect those gauges go into the trash when people see them. I would bet people have no idea what they're doing in grandma's stuff(especially if they're separated from the foot).
Old 10-21-2014, 07:05 PM

Candace,

I suspect you're right.

Joe
Old 10-22-2014, 04:17 AM

That's one reason I really look over misc lots of Sewing "parts" I even found the missing screw and slide for a Peerless buttonholer with a bunch of "parts" from a Singer 27. Nothing else of the buttonholer was there though.

And I've also learned to check out a seller's other listings for missing parts. Sellers often sort things into smaller groups to sell, and have no clue what goes with what.