Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina 532 Questions

Bernina 532 Questions

This past weekend, I picked up a Bernina 532 (everything there) for $40 at a thrift store. It stitches beautifully and although I have the manual that came with the machine, it doesn't tell me everything. There seems to be a few slightly different models of this machine and mine doesn't quite match the pictures in the machine booklet. I have a small lever on the right side of the machine that moves up and down but I can't figure out what it is suppose to do. I'd also like to know how old this machine is and any other general information about the machine. Are the feet from my 830 Record (the old one) compatible with the 532? When I tried to google for information, all I found were machine manuals for sale and I already have one. Any 532 owners on this board?
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

I did some more checking and I found that my machine is actually a 530-1 machine. The same manual is suppose to cover both machines which are very similar but do have some differences. Someone on this board must have one of these beauties?
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

Power Poster
    Wow what a great find! I have a Bernina 440 but no experience with older models, sorry.

There are a couple vintage/older Bernina groups on yahoo that you should look into.