Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Bernina sewing 804 minimatic sewing machine >

Bernina sewing 804 minimatic sewing machine

Bernina sewing 804 minimatic sewing machine

Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 AM

Question Bernina sewing 804 minimatic sewing machine

I hope I am posting this in the right place and doubly hope someone can help me. I took my Bernie to class today, I was teaching FMQ and this machine is superb for that but the needle kept on stopping working but when I moved the inner wheel on the side of the machine, the one that engages and disengages when winding the bobbin it started again, but after doing this 3 - 4 times it stopped completely. The motor was running but the needle was operating. How do I get into it to see if anything has come adrift!

I hope I have explained myself properly.

Pretty please do tell me that if is mendable as I adore this machine.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:38 PM

I hope Candace will answer to your question, because she gave me very good advice when I was working on my Bernina 707.
It could be the belt that is sitting between the wheel and the motor; you would have to remove the wheel and open the side of the sewing machine to see this. But somebody told me also to be careful with that because this part is easy to distord.
Well, I'm not very helpful. Hope somebody else will answer. But as soon as there is nothing wrong with the motor, it sould be easily mendable.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by profannie View Post
I hope Candace will answer to your question, because she gave me very good advice when I was working on my Bernina 707.
It could be the belt that is sitting between the wheel and the motor; you would have to remove the wheel and open the side of the sewing machine to see this. But somebody told me also to be careful with that because this part is easy to distord.
Well, I'm not very helpful. Hope somebody else will answer. But as soon as there is nothing wrong with the motor, it sould be easily mendable.
I do hope so as I just adore this machine, I have a lovely all singing all dancing Elna 720 but for a lot of things, especially for workshops and lessons I prefer the Bernie.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 PM

You could ask your question on this forum:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/B...omethings/info
These folks know a lot about technical stuff.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:29 AM
Power Poster

The Yahoo group has a lot of experts on the Bernina. Do go there and see what they can do to help.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:01 AM

Thank you ladies I have done that.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:25 AM

I didn't know there was an 804 Bernina.
I used to have a Bernina 807, wonderful machine, it was my take to classes, quilting bee etc... machine.
Sharon
Old 09-16-2013, 05:27 AM

I am not getting anywhere with this, what is the best way to loosen an unbudgeable screw, one on the side plate just won't budge, also when I remove the screw from the centre wheel of the side wheel is it supposed to do "something" because mine doesn't. Sorry to sound so stupid but I am not DIY orientated, duh.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK View Post
I am not getting anywhere with this, what is the best way to loosen an unbudgeable screw, one on the side plate just won't budge, also when I remove the screw from the centre wheel of the side wheel is it supposed to do "something" because mine doesn't. Sorry to sound so stupid but I am not DIY orientated, duh.
After removing the screw on the center wheel, you should be able to turn it towards the front of the machine, and it will unscrew from the machine. That should then allow you to remove the larger side wheel.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

Those slide plate screws can be a problem. Go to Harbor Freight and get a little ratchet off set screwdriver for a couple dollars. Those work the best. A more expensive fix it to find a real nice long screw driver and grind it at an angle. You might need to spend some time reading Rain's blog: http://vssmb.blogspot.com/ you may need to join the Bernina Yahoo group, too. If you are a beginner, you need to be working on a simple old black Singer sewing machine before you tackle a Bernina.