Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Blessed with a 301A!

Blessed with a 301A!

Someone just blessed me with a 301A for free! The decals are in great condition and it appears to have been used very little. It has the bobbin and bobbin case but no attachments. The surface paint has slightly discolored spots on the tan paint. Is this caused from mold? I haven't had it long enough to even oil her and try it out but I'm really excited about getting her up and running. Also, is the bobbin the same as the one for a Featherweight? Thanks for your help

Congratulations! Yes, the bobbin and bobbin case are the same as for the FW. The 301 is a slant machine, so the feet are not the same as the FW. However, they are the same as other Singer slant machines of that era and are not hard to find.

Happy quilting!

Dayle

Congratulations! Lucky you, wow. Good luck get her going, have fun.
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Congrats, enjoy her!!!

Blog Entries
    I have a black 301a and just Love Love Love her!! She is my standard piecer machine now.

The spots might come out...just clean gently with sewing machine oil. Some other people here have found the same spots and they were able to remove them.

The attachments are easy to find. I found a whole box of attachments for mine on eBay.

You are just going to love her. I have three and am in 301 heaven. LOL
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

I have a 301 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Blog Entries
    I don't have a 301 yet, but am watching for one! Congrats!

Mizkaki on this board is going to have attachments at better prices than ebay!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Oh, it's exciting to read of your love for your 301s. I tested the knob to adjust the feed dogs and that seems frozen so we'll have to try to release that. My hubby recently restored a Kenmore that had frozen up near the pulley and our friend used a gear puller to loosen up. Hopefully, we'll have the same success with the feed dog knob. My sewing ministry at our church was given six vintage machines today by a very generous person. Three of the machines are in the bentwood cases. Two have not even been opened because the keys are missing. The third has a spindle bobbin. Two machines are in cabinets and I think one is the two tone 301. The second one in the cabinet is a green Necchi. We have a lot more to discover about these beautiful machines. Does the 301 have a serial number?

Congratulations! You will love this machine. They are very nice to sew on.
    This too shall pass.
    Janie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast