Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blue singer

Candace, I looked at the link that Cathy posted here and Hattie says it is the same machine. It is a Singer, not a clone. Did she pass up a really good deal in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Hattie Shorts View Post
    Yes...the same machine....now I'm sorry I s did not bring it home
    Kitsy

Quote Originally Posted by kitsykeel View Post
    Candace, I looked at the link that Cathy posted here and Hattie says it is the same machine. It is a Singer, not a clone. Did she pass up a really good deal in your opinion?
    IMO, they are very cute, but broken nylon(plastic for Joe:>) gears are very common for those models and they aren't as respected as other cam, Singer machines like the 400 or 500 or even the 319 and such... they just haven't held up very well. So would I pay $35 for one? If I were able to open the top, make sure the gears weren't cracked and if it had a bunch of cams, maybe. But, that greenish color is appealing. It's too bad the inside of the machine doesn't match the attractive quality of the outside:>

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Well darn, I'll bet it's a pretty one too. The problem is shipping from Outer Space would be astronomical.

Joe
    Yes, shipping from space is not even worth considering!!

I'd love to have a blue clone, however all the ones I see on ebay are priced far into the stratosphere.
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    The blue machine was sold....drat....Lesson learned

(Hi. New member.) I thought that the 337/338 Great Britain Singers are all-metal. I don't have access to my 338 at the moment, but I don't recall seeing any plastic/nylon when I opened them up to oil. (I gave a 337 to my niece.) And I've read comments on VintageSingers and reviews elsewhere that say they are all-metal.

Powder Blue Singer

I own a powder blue singer, purchased in 1968. It still works great, although I now have several more. They are still out there. I see them on Ebay once in a while. Good hunting.

You got a great deal. I'm afraid I'm a purist and love the black ones - but, I would have bought the blue one, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2