Bobbin case problem 15-91

Old 01-25-2016, 05:25 PM

Default Bobbin case problem 15-91

I think I finally figured out why my bobbin case kept popping out after refilling the bobbin and placing back. I was also having tension problems so accidentally unscrewed the bobbin case. When the pieces were separate I could see rust in the areas that normally are covered. I also realized the tab you pull open when taking it out sets in a portion that should slide back and forth a little which allows it to snap in place when you put it in the machine. Mine had some rust there as well. I oiled it but it still wasn't moving freely. So I ordered the part today. So glad to have found the problem. I do believe it had the original bobbin case. So makes sense it would have a little rust. Thought I would share in case any one else had this problem.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:38 PM

If you are careful and don't loose all the itsy bitsy pieces you can take those bobbin cases apart to clean and oil them.
They're not really complicated, but those small parts are a pain. In the case body there is a tiny spring that returns the tab to the closed position. If it's stuck the tab won't lock the case into the machine.

Joe
Old 01-25-2016, 09:49 PM

when it fell apart on me, I didn't see a tiny spring. I am going to keep it and try to get the rust off to see if I can salvage it. But incase I can't one is on the way. It's been like this since day one of having it. I am betting that little spring is gone, and that's why I haven't been able to always get it to pop in all the way. I thought it was me, and have been struggling with it for a long time. Glad to know it's not me after all. So thank you Joe for clarifying for me about the spring.

Last edited by RebeccaG; 01-25-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:10 AM

That tiny little spring can stick in it's hole. I've had to use a paper clip with the end bent to carefully pull it out.
If not stuck they can also launch out to who knows were without being seen.

Joe
Old 01-26-2016, 05:58 PM

I am glad you got it figured out, that makes me very annoyed when I work on something for a long time and can't get it figured. This place saves me a lot of stress, just love it.