Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bobbins for 66

Blog Entries
    I love it that so many machines use class 66 or class 15 bobbins.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    When I bought my Singer 201 hand crank it came with 1 bobbin. I quickly found out that new class 66 bobbins are garbage for the most part, the inside hole was too small to fit my bobbin winder, some weren't exactly round. What a waste of money they were.
    I am so happy that I don't need to find new class 66 bobbins. I bought a lot of 35 original metal bobbins on Ebay a few years ago. I have 4 machines that use this type of bobbin.
    Wow, you must have got a particularly lousy batch. In all the ones I've got I've only got a couple that have loose rims. Other than that they are useable.

I have had more trouble from Class 15 bobbins than the 66s.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Wow, you must have got a particularly lousy batch. In all the ones I've got I've only got a couple that have loose rims. Other than that they are useable.

I have had more trouble from Class 15 bobbins than the 66s.

Joe
    I had a whole batch from WM fall apart
    sew-classic has the class 15 bobbins as well -
    I have had some of those class 15s from other places roll the case and all right out of the machine - they were out of round or something.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    All you ever wanted to know about Singer needle requirements is at this link:
    http://www.singersewinginfo.co.uk/needles/

I also buy all of my 66 bobbins from Sewclassic

BTW, I enjoyed reading your blog.
    Great resource of info, thanks so much
    Class 66 bobbins 15-1 needles. My treadle belt arrived yesterday, I'm close to up and running!

Hi, i just joined today after doing some research on some bobbins i came about at a thrift store. i'd never seen any like them and i have since realized they were original class 66 bobbins. i took a picture so everyone can see. If anyone wants them i am happy to list them on ebay for you.

The 4 on the top look to be the oldest so i would think those were the very original ones that came with the machine. But i'm no expert

Thanks, Alicia

.Name:  100_2042.JPG
Views: 31
Size:  648.9 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2